Scaling issues on high res laptops ?

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

mike2016

Scaling issues on high res laptops ?

Post by mike2016 »

I'm using Nistune on a 2560x1440 screen, windows 10 pro with scaling enabled at default setting 200% ,
"Let Windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry" enabled, but it makes no difference when disabled.

For the most part the scaling is correct, but some tables such as attached, you can barely see the numbers

how do you deal with this?
Attachments
IMG_2613.jpeg
(2.21 MiB) Downloaded 945 times
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Scaling issues on high res laptops ?

Post by Matt »

Windows auto resizing fonts only works with menus and dialog boxes, but not any grid or graphics.

The main maps will font scale with increased window size, but the tables at the moment are not enabled. I'm not sure why it was disabled. I'll have to check over the code again and see what is going on tomorrow
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Scaling issues on high res laptops ?

Post by Matt »

Code with font scaling was not disabled, but any tables with more than 3 digits would not use the font scaling, since too many digits would cause trunctuation of the display (eg 2000rpm might show 200 when enlarged)

I've done some code updates today to adjust the fonts row by row. This means that the 2000rpm will have a different font size to the ms row or raw value row. I've also adjusted the font to scale when the window is adjusted by height/width. Ran through different windows and seems to work well. Code updates will not apply to 32x (temp conversion) or 128x (VQ) tables at this time