New User

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

jj205mi

New User

Post by jj205mi »

Hi guys,

Ive had a Nistune fitted in my car for just over a year now and just got round to ordering the software the other day. Ive read through all the documents/instructions on the Nistune website and im keen to learn how to use it.

i dont think my Nistune has the feature pack installed so i might send it off for that first, the car was mapped but completely melted two spark plugs and a piston on the way home so im sure i could manage to do that myself, that's what prompted me to learn myself how to do it. Just need to rebuild this engine.......again.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: New User

Post by Matt »

Welcome to the forums. Sounds like EGTs were through the roof :cry:

With tuning Nistune you need to get hold of a wideband controller (we have a list of items which are compatible with the software on our website) and knock sensing headphones or similar. After this you can connect to the ECU, download the current tune and also AFRs against the fuel map (using the trace button)
jj205mi

Re: New User

Post by jj205mi »

Matt wrote:Welcome to the forums. Sounds like EGTs were through the roof :cry:

With tuning Nistune you need to get hold of a wideband controller (we have a list of items which are compatible with the software on our website) and knock sensing headphones or similar. After this you can connect to the ECU, download the current tune and also AFRs against the fuel map (using the trace button)
Thanks Matt,

i already had a read through and bought an Innovate one (too little, too late), ill just need to learn how to hook it up. I will also buy a Knocklink G4 after the engine is built back up anyway.

This is the only thing i can't/dont understand with my car, ive done everything else myself so it annoys me when i have to pay someone and it ends up causing issues.

But i really haven't had any experince and im just listening to everyone else and reading through pages and pages of old material. it will be early next year now beofre its running again i guess so plenty of time to read through the Forum.