maf delete - Map conversion

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

chris2712au

maf delete - Map conversion

Post by chris2712au »

Hi all,

Started a discussion around a maf delete ? anyone done it sucessfully ?

HKS make a VPC.. but it is a little hit and miss from the threads on it..

https://1jzmerc.com/hks-faq/accessories/hks-vpc
Last edited by chris2712au on Fri May 27, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chris2712au

Re: maf delete - Map cpnveraion

Post by chris2712au »

Was hoping that someone might have chimed in om something that they have tried ?
After looking at some runs and some discussions with pete seems like the TP is not changin that much at the high RPM ? Does that mean that the resolution in the high ends of the map dont have as much resolution ?

Was thinking of the AFM circuit that could replicate the AFM or potentially do a better job.
1. Use an 1:1 amplifer to buffer the MAP voltage.. weapon of choice is the delphi 3 bar..
2. Use a second amplifier to measure the temperature using a PT100.. weapon of choice as it is relatively linear in the 0-100deg area.. 1:3 ratio with gain trim
3. Use a third amplifier for RPM feed back.. this would give the ability to look at speed density..

This would be required as to influence the signal around how much air is being flowed.. temp and pressure will give mass.. the RPM will give the flow..
Then potentially the circuit could replicate an AFM of any type..
As my car is an S15 I looked at using the boost signal tables.. as this could effectively feed back the RPM but also give the operator the ability to program a trim like a VE table.. as you have both throttle position and RPM.. all that would be required is a PWM converter as the (no3) amplifier. However would not work with other ECus..

If we could use the tables as a VE table in a feature pack it could be then summed/averaged with the MAp and replace the AFM altogether..

Anyway food for thought..

oh and of course the rest of the adjustment could be taken out of the VQ mapping.. but you could get it close to linear..
Last edited by chris2712au on Fri May 27, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: maf delete - Map cpnveraion

Post by Matt »

I've had someone try this out before but it didn't work very well for him

Someone else called me up and was building a MAP to MAF converter unit. However the devil is in the detail. Going from vacuum to boost and handling all the tuning and transitions from one vehicle to another. Something which requires a combination of MAP, TPS and also AIT. Never heard back from them with a completed working unit
Eric

Re: maf delete - Map conversion

Post by Eric »

I have used ECUMaster DET3 units in the past (on Z32's) for very decent and cheap MAFMAP conversions.
Should work on other Nissan models as well.

These small ECUMaster piggybacks are quite a bit cheaper then for example MAPecu's or similar.(or at least they used to be, the DET3 was less then 150 EUR as far as I can remember)

The software is pretty nice and it also has a MAF->MAP selflearn algorithm or function that actually works pretty good (unlike the selflearn algorithm in the more expensive MAPEcu's).
It can even be used as a small standalone ECU, although I have never tried this.

http://www.ecumaster.com/en/products/di ... cu-tuner-3