"Upload maps to ECU" and "Burn changes permanently to EEPROM"

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

MechanisSan

"Upload maps to ECU" and "Burn changes permanently to EEPROM"

Post by MechanisSan »

What's the difference between these two functions?
I have a CA18DET and a type1 FP board installed. I made some changes in a couple maps and hit the "Upload maps to ECU" button to have these changes in the ECU. But it seems that it didn't change anything (fuel cut was still active, but in the map I uploaded it shouldn't).
So I guess if I want to upload maps to the ECU I need to do this with the "Burn changes permanently to EEPROM" button, right?
So what's the "Upload maps to ECU" button for then?
Matt
Site Admin

Re: "Upload maps to ECU" and "Burn changes permanently to EEPROM"

Post by Matt »

Please read the software users manual on our website....

In short upload puts the maps into the ECU. All updates are temporary until a burn is made. Burn keeps whatever changes have been made in for next start up of the vehicle. Otherwise unburnt changes are lost next startup
MechanisSan

Post by MechanisSan »

Thanks Matt.
I have searched for that in the manuals and forum prior to my post here, but I could not find anything about it. Either I was blind, or that's something to add in the manual. Anyway, now it's clear to me, thanks.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Software users mania;

Section 8:
Summary
Burn changes (Store changes permanently to Nistune board)
Sync Maps (Download from ECU, Upload to ECU)

Burn permanent changes
Modifications made to the maps on a Nistune daughterboard are always temporary until they are committed by the
user. This allows for provision against operator error and accidental corruption of daughterboard memory contents.
When the user is satisfied with the changes they have made to the vehicle. It is highly recommended they firstly
review those changes. This is done by selecting Reconcile – PC to read back current temporary data stored on the
daughterboard.

Once changes have been reviewed and the vehicle performs satisfactory, clicking the Burn changes button will store
this to Nistune daughterboard non-volatile memory