Ultra high injector latency - too high

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

hutch

Ultra high injector latency - too high

Post by hutch »

Hey - absolute beginner here with a mess around project / toy I am playing with.

Z31 1984, turbo, gt35 turbo, exhaust, gtr 444cc injectors, walbro fuel pump.
After these mods I adjusted the K value using the injector resizer to something like k=341, however, the only way to get the thing to idle nicely was to set the inj latency to around 2200ms, anything as low as 750 makes it splutter.

I have also since got a wideband and it seems to be idling at 11.0, and goes towards 15.0 when i mash it.

What could be going on here?
Kboot6

Re: Ultra high injector latency - too high

Post by Kboot6 »

Im also a beginner

What i found i had to do was adjust the injection multiplier up untill it wanted to run. That was with the latency set at 990us for my 1000cc injectors.

Im not sure what your latency values are supposed to be for your injectors. I think they are around 700us. Have a search. Let us know how you go.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've run 444CC injectors on my RB30... should be about 700uS if you have everything else (K constant) set correctly
hutch

Post by hutch »

Yep, you're both correct, I adjusted to 750ms, car didn't run until i fiddled with the K-Constant to idle around 14.7, and now I'm getting a much more uniform A/F ratio from idle to light cruise.

I'm running E85, so now I'm running far too lean before the engine is warmed up - will tend to that this weekend - hopefully nothing has melted.