NTProgCE on Windows 10

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

sr20truck

NTProgCE on Windows 10

Post by sr20truck »

Recently received the v7 programmer and struggled for a bit to get it to work because the install drivers operation wasn't clear but I figured it out. There is no mention of Windows 10 support for NTProgCE that I have found. I believe it is working now because of a recent change on the FTDI VCP website which now provides a setup executable for drivers supporting Windows 10. So I plugged in the programmer with no success of driver install. NIstune Base Image Programmer stands in Device Manager as Other. If I right click on it... Update Driver Software and browse computer to Nistune folder including subfolders it will successfully install, provided you have Nistune installed. Then another item pops up in Other called Usb Serial Device, do the same and it will install. All clear, run NTProgCE, point it to the proper com port, click initialize and I get the led light flickers as described in documentation! I have not programmed any chips with it yet but intend to remove a feature pack base from a v3 unit and program a standard base due to the inability to copy a fuel map from a standard map to a feature pack map. Future functionality hint... So back on topic, can we now say Windows 10 is good for NTProgCE?

Thanks again Matt,

John C
Matt
Site Admin

Re: NTProgCE on Windows 10

Post by Matt »

Yes the BIP (base image programmer) works fine on Windows 10 as per previous versions. At the moment I have one plugged into my Windows 10 laptop which I use to program boards whilst away

I have my own signed drivers for Nistune. These are not MS Logo tested (so not included with windows updates). Perhaps I'll get to running through the processes involved with that one day but the BIP has its own drivers (which are signed differently to the FTDI default drivers)

You need to install the Nistune software (and tick drivers) in addition to the NTProgCE software for it to be installed properly