No RPM when logging

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

SrDatsun510

No RPM when logging

Post by SrDatsun510 »

Hey everyone. Having an issue where when I try to log I have no RPM option in the Consult log box. I'm able to pull up my Wideband for recording, but no RPM. Any solution for this? What am I doing wrong?

Oh and I tried to search yet I can not search for ANYTHING. It gives me the same message no matter what word I try to search.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: No RPM when logging

Post by Matt »

Is your consult connected? Can you show a screenshot (ALT-PRINTSCN) showing what you do see?
SrDatsun510

Post by SrDatsun510 »

Well I had this issue last time I tuned my car but I got away by using the Dyno to get the AFR/RPM. That was about 6-8 months ago. This was a run I did when my tune was way out of wack before I took it down to get tuned by someone who has used the Nistune program before. You can see in the options I have L02, LAFR, and Boost. Should one of those options be RPM so I can go back and see at which specific RPM my AFR were?

djstatic

Post by djstatic »

I've had this happen before (only logs the WB data). I'm not sure consult was connected though. It worked fine the next time I use NT, so I didn't think anything of it.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

He is not using consult, he is getting his RPM directly from the dyno into his wideband unit. Only several wideband units allow this (Zeitronix, Innovate...)

More information please. What wideband are you using? How have you got it configured? Did you see RPM on the screen when doing the last log?

Can you post the log file here to show what was recorded in the log file?
SrDatsun510

Post by SrDatsun510 »

So I connect the consult again and this time I had RPM as an option along with other functions that were not there last time. On another issue, how do you change the Fuel map to represent the "AFR". IS that the Ctrl F?
djstatic

Post by djstatic »

There's a drop-down for estimated AFR/Lambda (possibly only available in advanced mode?).

It's rarely accurate. Just use filtered or raw values.

Using the trace map can tell you what you're actually getting in each cell.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

That drop down in the screenshot, indicates there was no consult connection. It may have dropped out, which is why you lose RPM (and MAF, temp and everything else)