R33 gtst no spark

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Brady_033

R33 gtst no spark

Post by Brady_033 »

Hello all this is my first post, sorry if this is in the wrong category but I am having some troubles with my R33 Series 2.

The problem is that the car will run fine while driving, but once I turn it off and go to start it again the car will not fire as it has no spark. I have tested the coilpack harness with a test light when it occurs and it seems to have no power. But if I unplug my ECU and plug it back in and hit the key the car will fire straight away and the car will run fine, I have had an auto electrician mate have a look and he said that it would most likely be a loose wire or faulty ECU. :!:

If anyone has had anything like this happen before and could shed some light on what might be causing this that would be highly appreciated.

Cheers, Brady.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: R33 gtst no spark

Post by Matt »

What ECU are you using? R32 or Z32?

See when you switch off power if the LED stays on. If it does, then the diode inside the ECU is bad and needs replacing for starters. Might be related to car not starting (no ECCS power)
Brady_033

Post by Brady_033 »

Thanks for the quick reply Matt.

I am using the Z32 ECU, I will check to see if the LED stays on next time the car plays up and I will report back.

Cheers.
Brady_033

Post by Brady_033 »

Hey Matt!

As you expected, I went to turn the car on this afternoon and it wouldn't start so I looked down at the ECU and the LED was on. What would it cost to have the diode replaced?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

$50 including postage (in Australia) to remove the old diode, replace and test on the bench and then post back