Load Scale?

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

zizirex

Load Scale?

Post by zizirex »

Hello,
I've just join this forum and i'm still new to this tuning thing.
I understand about Fuel Map and Timing Map, but about Fuel Load Scale and Ign Load Scale are the thing that i dont understand.
it has 0-255, does it mean the Load scale of the Map? Does it means if it's 255 its where the 100% load of the hardware?
and should put the Fuel and Ign load scale about the same or different? Does it have any effect on how much power that i can gain?

Hope i can get more knowledge on tuning Nistune.
Thank You.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Load Scale?

Post by Matt »

Load = TP which is calculated from the amount of airflow in relation to RPMs

TP = Airflow lookup (VQ map) / RPM * K constant

(a) If you have a standard Nistune ECU then you will need to adjust the scales so the maptrace cursor operates within your scale adjustments. Don't scale upto maximum, only scale upto where the ECU is accessing

(b) If you have a feature pack equipped Nistune ECU, it is best to leave the scaling where it is and adjust K constant so the vehicle operates in the factory load scales (watch the map trace)
zizirex

Post by zizirex »

Matt wrote:Load = TP which is calculated from the amount of airflow in relation to RPMs

TP = Airflow lookup (VQ map) / RPM * K constant

(a) If you have a standard Nistune ECU then you will need to adjust the scales so the maptrace cursor operates within your scale adjustments. Don't scale upto maximum, only scale upto where the ECU is accessing

(b) If you have a feature pack equipped Nistune ECU, it is best to leave the scaling where it is and adjust K constant so the vehicle operates in the factory load scales (watch the map trace)
I see....
I will check on TP next time while i do some Run Test. And is it better to set the Scale for Fuel and Ign the same Number?
My Engine is RB26 using 570cc from R35 Injector, and R35 MAF using an 80mm Diameter and run on RON 95, with 50psi Base Fuel Pressure.

is there any setting that i need to change if my Base Fuel Pressure is 50psi?

Thank You.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

If you increase fuel pressure, you may have to reduce TIM parameter (feature pack) or K constant and then rescale (standard Nistune)

Yes you are correct that it is best to use same scales for fuel and ignition (copy ignition map scales to fuel since they are larger)
zizirex

Post by zizirex »

Matt wrote:If you increase fuel pressure, you may have to reduce TIM parameter (feature pack) or K constant and then rescale (standard Nistune)

Yes you are correct that it is best to use same scales for fuel and ignition (copy ignition map scales to fuel since they are larger)
I see.. i think that will make up the lose horsepower.
Ok, I have adjust the K Constant, but does that mean i need to adjust Injector Latency as well? Increase it or Decrease it?
Yes i have the Standard Nistune, not the Feature Pack. I would like to upgrade it later though

Thank You.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Adjust latency to get idle mixtures right, after cruise mixtures are good