switching back to older ecu on p11 primera

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

danielp11

switching back to older ecu on p11 primera

Post by danielp11 »

Hi there. I have a p11 primera which I have done my own turbo build on. I'm currently using a type 4 nistune board with the stock 97 primera ecu. However this ecu uses volumetric maps aswell and I would like to switch to an older generation ecu which doesn't use volumetric maps. Can I swap to a pulsar gtir ecu and use a type 3 nistune board or a p10 primera ecu with a type 3 board. I know the plugs are the same and the pinouts from p11 to pulsar gtir look identical. Only thing I would have to do is swap tps wires so I have 5 volts at idle and almost zero at full throttle. Anyone done this before and was any repinnijg required. As far as I know all distributors on sr20 are interchangeable.

Thanks
Daniel
Matt
Site Admin

Re: switching back to older ecu on p11 primera

Post by Matt »

I would probably suggest using the P10 ECU (although the GTIR one may work) just check pinout differences if any between models
danielp11

Re: switching back to older ecu on p11 primera

Post by danielp11 »

Hey matt thanks for the reply. I have looked at the pinouts and all seam the same apart from fuel pump output would need to be repinned and I think the injector 2 and 3 need swapped but other than that it should be OK for the pulsar ecu. P10 primera ecu are hard to come by now here in the UK.
Thanks