Development / Support Schedule

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

hausoo

Re: Development / Support Schedule

Post by hausoo »

Hello Matt thanks for updates i'am getting (NVRAM write data verification error) when trying to upload bin files the one i created with import maps and Z31_VG30ET_1988_26P0F_MT_SS_FP_maps.bin with 26P0F updated to board. works fine with 26P00 updated to board any clues?

also with 26P0F flashed to board downloaded ecu map can not be uploaded even with no changes
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've repeated the issue with the upload (download fine, and individual changes fine but bulk upload gets corrupted). Will need to start pulling code out and investigating further
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Updated files for Type 1 VLT/Z31

Resolves issue with sync uploading
Attachments
Type 1 Feature Pack 2 July 2015.zip
(136.53 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
FlawleZ

Post by FlawleZ »

Matt wrote:ZIP file. Extract to your Documents\Nistune\Type 1 folder

Test release for
VL_RB30ET_B490F_MT_FP.ENT
Z31_VG30ET_1988_26P0F_MT_SS_FP.ent (can be used in 1986-1989 Z31 ECUs)

Also updated the maps for S13 CA18DET (ENT files are unchanged)

[Attachment removed]
Just noticed you stated this can be used for 86-89. My ECU is 84, I'm assuming this isn't compatible or just isn't tested on 84's?

*EDIT*
Just tried...looks like ADR files mismatch. So this appears to be limited to 86+ only ECU's?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes only for the later model ECUs. It was a struggle to get it working just on these ones. If you wish to have feature pack you will need to get the board reflashed to the attached image (and change to 1986-1989 Z31 ECU)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

This has been completed
- Add support 67Y00 ECU B13 SR20DET
Currently investigating new boards Type 2 and Type 3 (3.3V Version) as we have issues preventing selling these boards until glitches resolved
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Add VCT to BNR32 RB26DETT in next FP version
This has now been completed. It is now possible to use the FPCM pin 104 to run VCT from this ECU. There is a spare pin 106 output which can be utilized for something else in the future on this ECU
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Moved all items from my previously used spreadsheet into Mantis

Currently there are 80 unresolved issues and feature requests in the system! Needless to say it will be years before I get through everything. I dropped some of the previously requested features from the spreadsheet (because either they were completed, or I simply cannot justify the feature for a single user)

The website for all items is here. You can change project type at the top to filter just on firmware/software etc
http://www.nistune.com/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

General software
- Add Japanese tooltip support in translation files
This has been fixed among with many other software updates

Other software issues (sync window and gauges) will be worked on later. Going back to doing firmware fixes and investigation, starting with Z32 ECU and S14 ECU next
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

- Investigate 74F00 soft rev limit affecting injection when set certain values
- Check launch control enable and operation in WC34
These have been marked out as unrepeatable on bench waiting customer feedback
omnigear

Post by omnigear »

the z33/350z ECU can be used for previous Nissan like the R32-34?
Silli

Post by Silli »

Matt wrote:Yes only for the later model ECUs. It was a struggle to get it working just on these ones. If you wish to have feature pack you will need to get the board reflashed to the attached image (and change to 1986-1989 Z31 ECU)
Is there a reference for ecus that a supported ? Is ecu A18-683 M93 (31) good for this ? Just want to be sure before buying ones for spare..... What a bout this launch controll feature. Is is included yet ?

Thumbs up from Finland, keep it up Matt.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Thanks!

General ECU list here:
http://nistune.com/docs/Nissan_Part_List.xls

Z31 VG30ET 300ZX 87 USDM 21P16 T A C " A18-683 M93"

21P16 ECU (1987) should be able to run 26P0F USDM image okay so I think that will be fine. Yes launch control is included
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Below is the feature pack test matrix for the next ROM pack. As you see there are now 64 variations of feature pack for various models. Some are in development/testing which is why they are not available

Y33 has recently been added and tested (given it was based from the NEO WC34/R34 code there was not too much work here). The whole lot needs to be retested following built updates (inverted flex fuel, ethanol crank enrich table and fan control fixes) before I move onto other work (boost control and dabbling with MAP sensing for RB20)

I've developed a test suite which is able to simulate inputs via test script and then check expected responses from the ECU to speed up the testing process. It still requires programming the board for each model and running the test script so 64 x programming board, plugging in ECU, running test script will take a while amongst all other work I need to do. Will start getting through the testing over the upcoming weeks and then work on further updates after the next feature pack ROM pack is released
Attachments
fp_matrix2.png
(32.06 KiB) Downloaded 4028 times
fp_matrix1.png
(45.89 KiB) Downloaded 4028 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Been continuing testing with VL RB30ET which is completed okay

Issues found with new code (Launch control) when testing S13 CA18DET and BNR32 RB26DETT so more investigation required with the new code

Working Perth this week and visiting various workshops and performing training. Positive feedback so far. Common complaints are the issues with counterfeit Z32 MAFs and questionable mechanical conditions of some vehicles which come in for tuning

Common problems I see on a daily basis include poor or incorrect wiring (MAF, injectors, bad or missing grounds). Problems with second hand, counterfeit MAFs, injectors and fuel pumps not operating or wired in properly. This is usually related to budget available for vehicle upgrades and the problems associated with taking short cuts