newbie help

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

dallasb53

newbie help

Post by dallasb53 »

would u guys mind helping me with a base tune for my car?
the plan is to get it tuned Monday but id like have it run a little over the weekend. ive messed around with it a bit but im not a tuner at all :P

1996 ka24de
525 cc injectors precision turbo
garrett t3/t4 .63 ar 57 trim
n62 maf
no ECU codes :P

not trying to drive it but would like to get it to idle without being pig rich
ive tried the resize injectors function and the maf size in nistune and it will crank and idle but be stupid rich..... like below 10 afr
Matt
Site Admin

Re: newbie help

Post by Matt »

Start lowering your injection multiplier until AFRs are back to normal
CamsX

Re: newbie help

Post by CamsX »

Hi dallas, welcome. I'm fairly new with this Nistune stuff also, but the guys in the forum are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Nistune is much simpler that you might think, but it is very useful to read all the documentation available in the main Nistune.com support page. It won't make sense at all at first, but after connecting the dots and fiddling with the program it will.

For your case I would try to do the following:

Using the injectors resize and change MAF functions was the correct course of action, so that was a good start. (Both changes should be done with the engine off)

Now you need to widen the range so that the larger injectors you installed flow less fuel on idle. Your stock injectors are 270cc I believe and the new ones are 525cc. Simple math 270/525 = 0.514.

In Nistune, look under "Limit Tables" for "Min Load (TP)". Multiply ALL the values in the table by 0.514.

Tip: you can copy/paste the entire table from Nistune to Excel, edit all values with a simple excel formula, and then copy/paste the new values from Excel into Nistune.

At this point, you might or might not notice any changes in your idle, but you can modify this table with the engine ON without problems.

Afterwards, if you are still not at 14.7afrs (assuming you have a wideband), you can do what Matt recommended, which is lowering your injector Multiplier value. For this go to "Injection Control" section and open the "Injection Latency".

If you are lean you can increase it, or if you are rich you can decrease it. This can also be edited with the engine ON, but be careful, because if you lower it too much the engine will stall. Don't forget to apply the changes or use Auto.

As far as I understand, the Injection Latency is in milliseconds and the raw Hex value is only changed every 10 numerical values (for example, 720, 710, 700 and so on. 710, 711 and 717 are still the same Hex value for the ECU).

Hope this helps.