Nistune on Youtube and Facebook

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

ChrisMan287

Re: Nistune on Youtube and Facebook

Post by ChrisMan287 »

A video on resizing injectors would be nice :)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

These days with feature pack you just need operations > resize injectors

After this, adjust the latency for at 14V
Then flatten the fuel map by the % of extra size increase to get back to the original AFRs

I need to do more videos so need to book more dyno time for it
djstatic

Post by djstatic »

Firstly the videos are awesome!

I just think you need to explain the steps further, such as: Navigating around e.g. to connect to the wide-band panel I can click here or Press F5

and explain these steps:
Matt wrote:Then flatten the fuel map by the % of extra size increase to get back to the original AFRs
how would one do this? (it's great that you have a flat map, but what do we do? copy yours? etc.)

And one question I want to ask on the "tuning an RB25 with RB20 ecu" video. You resize the injectors with the TIM method, and then you adjust KCONST anyway. I though you should leave K alone (ideally).

My suggestion for another video: how to flex tune!

Keep up the good work Matt I know these take a lot of time to produce (time you could be filling out orders or improving/bug squashing), so thank you!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

With resizing the injectors it only affects TIM. However changes to MAF will affect TIM/K constant

The idea is to adjust K constant so you are working within the factory load range on the fuel and timing maps (so the TP range stays the same as before).

So say from factory the default load range is good upto 200rwkw, but with your new MAF, turbo etc it is now good for 300rwkw, the K needs reducing by 200/300 (or x 0.66)

As K is changed, so is fueling. You offset fueling adjustments to get your trims back to normal by adjusting TIM

Yes flex tuning video would be good! I'm just finishing up the firmware updates and probably can do a video in the future. Current flex dyno work has been quick and fast, testing each different ECU and then swapping the next one in. A dedicated dyno session just for training would need to be setup with one particular ECU in mind

Thanks for the support. I just don't have enough time in one day to get everything done. Dyno sessions and editing a video take a good day in itself.

Seems to be an increase also support/enquires/sales also during the day which can cuts into my development time unfortunately.

Emails are generally quicker to respond to and don't interrupt my workflow as much. However if a workshop has a vehicle with an issue, it is best to phone and sort it quickly to save everyone time and money - so it is kind of necessary in that case to phone rather than email
lost180

Post by lost180 »

So I've read all of the documentation and watched the videos. What would be useful to me would be an overview of how to analyze logs. What should I be focusing on? Are there any useful tools to average out the cells to fine tune fuel adjustments? If doing a street tune, how can you tell max power is reached?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Depends what you are looking for from the logs. I tend to use the 'Trace' window on playback of the logs to look at

1. Timing
- Check it matches commanded timing

2. AFR feedback
- Look at AFRs on the trace and check 14.7:1 around idle and on cruise, but around 11.5:1 AFR on boost

Other things in the logs like STFT/LTFT should gravitate near 0% at cruise when your base mixtures are set correctly

For diagnostics, check that on a ramp up that you see MAF, and then TP and injection time rise together as load increases. If you see a cut in TP (then you have one of the load limiters too low) or if injection time is fine but AFRs go south then you may have a fuel pump issue

Also other things I check are battery voltage at idle, and as RPMs increase for how well the alternator is doing. Looking at coolant temperature and see that it rises to about 80 - 85 degC

You cannot really tell how max power is reached when road tuning. Some tuners use peak torque method on the dyno (when you add more boost / timing but the torque does not increase further). When you add more past peak torque, that is when you will start to hear detonation in your headphones
tht_z31

Post by tht_z31 »

I just finished up a NA2T on my car and trying to get it dialed in. It's on turbo injectors and t3/t4 on 8 psi, when I get into boost it reaches a load of 136 and gives me the "caution: ecu load(ttp) max reached. Injection Limited. Increase table values.". Just to confirm, to get the load value under the stock turbo map load 128 I need to decrease the k constant. What increments do you recommend to decrease the k constant? If I decrease the k constant by 25 how much would you say I need to increase my total infection multiplier by to compensate for the k constant decrease?
thank you

edit: After doing some driving and watching the boost gauge I noticed its getting a bit of boost creep. At wot it’s creeping up to like 10+ and that might be why I'm going beyond the factory max load.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

You can increase the TTP max value above 136 in this case. It just limits injection, so normally the resize injector tool will set the top values to 255

To reduce load, you can lower K constant. This will also in turn reduce fueling. So if you have the Total Injection Multiplier parameter available then you can adjust this by a similar percentage

Depends what '25' is compared to if it was shifting 200 to 175 (about 12.5% decrease) then increase TIM by 12.5% also
tht_z31

Post by tht_z31 »

Sounds good, thanks