Nistune on Youtube and Facebook

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

ChrisMan287

Re: Nistune on Youtube and Facebook

Postby ChrisMan287 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:56 pm

A video on resizing injectors would be nice :)

Matt
Site Admin

Postby Matt » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:14 pm

These days with feature pack you just need operations > resize injectors

After this, adjust the latency for at 14V
Then flatten the fuel map by the % of extra size increase to get back to the original AFRs

I need to do more videos so need to book more dyno time for it

djstatic

Postby djstatic » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:21 pm

Firstly the videos are awesome!

I just think you need to explain the steps further, such as: Navigating around e.g. to connect to the wide-band panel I can click here or Press F5

and explain these steps:
Matt wrote:Then flatten the fuel map by the % of extra size increase to get back to the original AFRs

how would one do this? (it's great that you have a flat map, but what do we do? copy yours? etc.)

And one question I want to ask on the "tuning an RB25 with RB20 ecu" video. You resize the injectors with the TIM method, and then you adjust KCONST anyway. I though you should leave K alone (ideally).

My suggestion for another video: how to flex tune!

Keep up the good work Matt I know these take a lot of time to produce (time you could be filling out orders or improving/bug squashing), so thank you!

Matt
Site Admin

Postby Matt » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:49 am

With resizing the injectors it only affects TIM. However changes to MAF will affect TIM/K constant

The idea is to adjust K constant so you are working within the factory load range on the fuel and timing maps (so the TP range stays the same as before).

So say from factory the default load range is good upto 200rwkw, but with your new MAF, turbo etc it is now good for 300rwkw, the K needs reducing by 200/300 (or x 0.66)

As K is changed, so is fueling. You offset fueling adjustments to get your trims back to normal by adjusting TIM

Yes flex tuning video would be good! I'm just finishing up the firmware updates and probably can do a video in the future. Current flex dyno work has been quick and fast, testing each different ECU and then swapping the next one in. A dedicated dyno session just for training would need to be setup with one particular ECU in mind

Thanks for the support. I just don't have enough time in one day to get everything done. Dyno sessions and editing a video take a good day in itself.

Seems to be an increase also support/enquires/sales also during the day which can cuts into my development time unfortunately.

Emails are generally quicker to respond to and don't interrupt my workflow as much. However if a workshop has a vehicle with an issue, it is best to phone and sort it quickly to save everyone time and money - so it is kind of necessary in that case to phone rather than email

Return to “General Nistune Discussion”