Feature Pack updates + Information thread

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Bgtym

Re: Feature Pack updates + Information thread

Post by Bgtym »

R32 ECU knock monitor will work now?
What parameters of knocking is dangerous?
Which BIN should I use for new ENT?
where manual for knock control?

Thanks, Matt. :)
Seank

Post by Seank »

Hope this is the right location for this question, if not feel free to nuke this.

Will the Continental 13577379 sensor work, with the Nistune flex fuel board, if we have a tighter install space for the sensor?

Will the Continental 13577429 sensor work if we have a very tight insta....err, Z32? (zinger implied)

Thanks
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The various continental sensors all should work the same. As long as they are GM compatible (including the smaller ones) there should be no issue
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Note: This is not a support thread. Post concerns about functionality in other sections thanks
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

There was a bug found in the recent post for the flex fuel map (found it doing the CA18DET fuel changes today). Only affects the ECU if the 'flex fuel' is unticked

I found that when unticked the fuel map values are not being added in the recent invert fuel changes. I've removed the file from this forum post for now until the files are regenerated
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

What gives here Matt is there suppose to be a 1.3?
Attachments
nistune ver.JPG
(50.3 KiB) Downloaded 5424 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Whoops. Hyperlink has been updated now
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Z31/VLT updates now available! Beta test version (do not use on other customer cars if you are a workshop)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3115
Stego Steve

Post by Stego Steve »

Matt wrote:At the moment the Nissan ECU does not control boost except for the S14A/S15 SR20DET models which we have documented its current usage. What vehicle do you have?

I am adding boost control (with boost by ethanol adjustment) for the ER34/WC34 and S14A/S15 models since these ECUs have a PWM output (pulse width modulation output driver which can control an external solenoid)

I will look into other models (such as the R32 GTR) which may also be able to support this. Depends on demand for which ECUs and those which have spare memory to put our boost maps in

My current prototype implementation has two boost maps on the R34 with adjustment by the flex content. I started trialing it a few weeks ago but need to fix the TPS voltage range. Since then I decided to finish up CA18 and other ECUs before proceeding further with the prototyping
Don't suppose you have any updates on the progress of the boost control? Real interested for the wc34!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'll post updates in this thread. Unfortunately I've been too busy with support and orders lately that development has paused on fixing the Z31 ECU
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3115
Stego Steve

Post by Stego Steve »

Cheers!
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

UNISA JECS wrote:Matt is it possible if you can make me a feature pack for the B13 SR20DE 67Y00 ECU, it's a 91-92....

Thanks
Charlie
Matt wrote:Once I finish other updates I can look into this
Hey Matt just seeing if you have found anytime to create the feature pack for this ecu, thanks

Charlie
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

No I'm still working through the Type 1 + Type 2 stuff before I move on

Good news is I have found the issue with Z31/VLT for Type 1 so uploading that now
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Just like to say I love the feature pack and the new method of tuning it leaving the LOAD scales left to stock, although I have mastered it the old way (NON-FEATURE PACK) I think this is easy breezy.

I have a suggestion as seeing that the TP MAX can still be adjusted the way it was in the non FP versions, being that we can now adjust the load scales to stay within the factory PRESETS its possible to not have to adjust the TP MAX if you have corrected the load scales with k (const.) to be within range of the factory LOAD presets
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

You can leave the adjust TPmin/TPmax unticked during resize and it will leave it alone

However I've noticed that people who dont tick this later ask why their fueling wont go richer on boost when commanded so make sure it is higher than what TP reaches when on load

Also I've just run 67Y00 through the patcher today and looks successful so far. I'll check it out later on the bench and get this uploaded. I just happened to have an order for one wanting to use on a SR20VE so I'm having to do it for this customer to get this order out