How to connect via consult ?

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

User_Name

How to connect via consult ?

Post by User_Name »

Sorry if this isn't in the correct section; please move to appropriate one.

I've got a Type 2 board in a z32 ECU
PLMS usb consult cable
Trial version of NIStune

- How does one connect to the ECU? I've tried just about everything and get an error saying something along the lines of "This feature does not work in Trial Mode".

I have the USB cable drivers installed properly as I am able to connect to multiple other programs (Conzult , NDS , ECUTalk)

I am trying to connect so I can view if my AC switch is actually working.

Thank You
Matt
Site Admin

Re: How to connect via consult ?

Post by Matt »

Use Conzult or NDS in the meantime for the AC switch operation. I've updated the licence key checking and currently trial wont connect. I've fixed it this morning for the next test release
User_Name

Post by User_Name »

Matt wrote:Use Conzult or NDS in the meantime for the AC switch operation. I've updated the licence key checking and currently trial wont connect. I've fixed it this morning for the next test release
Am I able to connect in trial mode now? Also, is there any way to change MAF in trial mode? I'm experiencing a problem with my stock J60 MAF and I have an extra n62 MAF lying around and would like to put that on and see if problems go away.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes you can connect, use the latest test version

However you cannot make changes even in trial mode. This is thanks to people abusing that privilege and using trial mode to tune vehicles in older versions so upload and burn operations are removed in trial
Bird

Post by Bird »

I'm sorry to drag up an old thread but it seemed the best thing to do.

I've got a Z32 and type 2 board which is already mapped etc. I have the proper conzult program as well as others such as datascan, ECUTalk and so on. I can connect to them all and use fine however for some reason in conzult etc I can't view the maps. I thought this might be due to it being nistune so I have the trial version but when I try to view or do anything, it says unable to connect to consult or something similar.

Any suggestions on this? Do I need a different type of cable or anything? I'm currently using the conzult one.