Nistune 0.10.21 Release

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Nistune 0.10.21 Release

Post by Matt »

Please double check with the Zeitronix Data Logger software. It may be reporting different output via serial compared the the gauge output
http://www.zeitronix.com/zdl/index.shtml#latest

As mentioned before I've got a simulated wideband unit spitting out programmable outputs for all fields. I check this against their software and make sure it matches Nistune output.

Zeitronix module in Nistune was updated for supporting the newer ZT-2 units and improved serial functionality, but the AFR output did not need any adjustment at all
lynchfourtwenty

Post by lynchfourtwenty »

ok will do, just find it odd that it was reading normal that same day, then i updated and it didnt lol, i will report back this afternoon
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

When testing please try with and without consult connected to see if any different. I'll run through different AFRs and verify against the software to make sure its behaving itself still in the morning
lynchfourtwenty

ok, im going to be ordering a splitter aswell, so that should help sort the issue out since i'll be able to look at both at the same time heh.
lynchfourtwenty

OK I did as you asked, the AFR tweaker gauge readings are identical to the ZDL program, and from what i can tell everything below 19.6 afr is the same in nistune as it is in the program, i checked at idle, and with my foot at 2000, 2500, 3000 rpm tryin to hold it as steady as i could while switchin between programs but it looks like its correct from what i could tell.

so some how somewhere something in nistune must of gotten messed up or something, like i said it happend when i updated, im sure if i reverted back to 0.10.13r it would read 21.00 afr on decel like it did.
nanook

Post by nanook »

I can confirm in my testing using the latest version that the Zeitronix reading and nistune are the same during warmup afr tests

unable to test decel at the moment but i suspect it will also be the same
lynchfourtwenty

It would be awesome if you can test the decel afr's for us man, when I first saw that I thought something was wrong with my tune until I switched to the tweaker gauge
nanook

Post by nanook »

its parked up requiring $$$parts for wof so i'm not driving it on the road at the moment.

will let you know when i do
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

the AFR tweaker gauge readings are identical to the ZDL program, and from what i can tell everything below 19.6 afr is the same in nistune as it is in the program ..... like i said it happend when i updated, im sure if i reverted back to 0.10.13r it would read 21.00 afr on decel like it did.
Okay I forgot about this change which was put in. The original AFR range was between 9:1 ... 32:1 AFR for Zeitronix this was changed between 9.6:1 to 19.6:1 (as you noticed). Other wideband units are usually 10:1 - 20:1 min/max values. Zeitronix has different encoding of the data

The thing is that during most tuning we are mainly focused around 17:1 .. 11:1 as anything higher is too lean and lower is too rich. There is no need to really know the exact numbers leaner than 20:1 AFR and it makes the logger window more usable (rather than have only 1/3 of the log graph showing usable values)

I can easily change the ranges (which affect the gauge min/max and what the logger displays) so I'll put this to 9:1 .. 22:1 for the next release and see what the feedback is like from that. I dont see the point of making the gauges go too much leaner (apart from the fact the wideband physical gauge can show leaner)
lynchfourtwenty

lmao!!

as long as the afr bein displayed is correct im fine with it showing 19.6.
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

major connectivity issues after the upgrade from .19 to .21.
barely stays connected for 5 minutes. so lost another day in trying to sort warmup tables out.

nistune would freeze with white faded locked up screen, had to unplug type 1 usb and reinsert to make app work again.
unable to get LC1 working via belkin adapter (a new fault sinse 0.21) but it wouldn't work on logworks either so another issue to sort out. hope upgrade nistune to .21 hasn't fubared logworks.

logs emailed.
lynchfourtwenty

yea mines had some crash issues, i let it send a log or whatever it does.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

unable to get LC1 working via belkin adapter (a new fault sinse 0.21) but it wouldn't work on logworks either so another issue to sort out. hope upgrade nistune to .21 hasn't fubared logworks.
Nistune does not affect the logworks installation any more (used to also put in a DLL). If its not working on logworks please check that first. Nothing has changed in 0.21 for logworks implementation

Crash log files are not getting emailed at the moment. I'm in the process of updating the crash reporting module to the latest version. If you get asked to save the crash ZIP please send that through manually. I'll look through those as it will tell me where the crash is coming from
Torque

Post by Torque »

I could offer to test it on my LogWorks installation.
What OS are you running?
W64?

bachig24u wrote:major connectivity issues after the upgrade from .19 to .21.
barely stays connected for 5 minutes. so lost another day in trying to sort warmup tables out.

nistune would freeze with white faded locked up screen, had to unplug type 1 usb and reinsert to make app work again.

logs emailed.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

barely stays connected for 5 minutes. so lost another day in trying to sort warmup tables out
Connectivity problems would not be specific to this 0.10.21 release. In a 7 minute sample of time I see the following
09:32:14 - 67 Frame errors.
09:34:22 - 84 frame errors. Disconnect on write fail during upload
09:37:15 - 91 frame errors. Disconnect on write fail during upload
09:40:37 - 100 frame errors. Knock get command write failure.
The disconnects are ones which I force because there was a problem writing to the board due to the FTDI usb driver telling me that it could not send a command to the Type 1 board. Frame errors are for each consult gauge frame of data which was received incomplete

These problems are not release specific (going back to 0.10.13R would prove this on the vehicle as the logs would be the same).

Usual noise prevention rules in the diagnostics document apply here to assist with reducing the bad frames. The number of closure without crash shown in the logs are good

However after running for 1 hours 46 mins there is still a point that after disconnect the software is crashing and that may be related to closing the logger window (?) which was on the list still and I have fixed yesterday. If it is crashing on disconnect still then I'll try and repeat disconnects again on the bench.
So you are getting a freeze with the call to the FTDI USB driver now. Unplugging the device releases the 'handle' and then the call returns back to Nistune. See if I can repeat that here. When you right click the device 'Nistune USB communications device' in Device Manager, what is the FTDI driver version?