New to Nistune, new to site, intro thread!

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

jfishel

New to Nistune, new to site, intro thread!

Post by jfishel »

Hello everyone, my name is Justin Fishel and I am located stateside in USA (Cary, NC for those curious) I've owned my 1993 300ZX Twin Turbo since Sept 2003, it originally started out as a non-turbo that I have slowly been building up. I performed a TT conversion in 2007. I am also very active on the website http://www.300zxclub.com under the s/n 'dogpile5'.

While I've technically owned a Nistune type 2 daughter board for almost 2 years now, I didn't own the software license to do any tuning myself until just a couple days ago. I've decided to finally take the plunge and learn this for myself. I originally took my car to a Nistune Authorized tuner (http://www.tdcauto.com) about 16 months ago and had some very good results (380whp @ 16psi) The more I learn about Nistune, the more I'm stumped by the methods to which the tuner dialed in my car. K values don't make sense, Latency was strange, fuel maps looked loopy, etc.. but since I didn't own the software I never could get in and see what had actually been done. The idle has always been bad ever since I upgraded the injectors, but the rest of the time the car runs great!

Its been a slow process but I've been reading Matt's wonderful documentation 24/7 for the last week trying to pick things up.

I have a rather modest list of parts, not looking for much power, just a well tuned fun weekend car.
Mod listing:

VG30DETT
JWT dual intake
Selin Translator (set to AVG)
AshSpec "Sport" SMIC
JECS 850cc injectors
300 Degree Fuel Rails (stock plumbing)
AMS Underdrive pullies
Stock turbo's
Megan Racing 2.4" downpipe/testpipe
Innovate MTX-L wideband o2
Apexi Hybrid Megaphone exhaust
Apexi AVC-R
Nistune Type 2 board

Anyways, just thought I would introduce myself and let you guys know I'm here to learn as much as I can and I appreciate any help I receive.