Brad Barnhills Virtual Dyno

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

immy21

Brad Barnhills Virtual Dyno

Post by immy21 »

I have been trying and struggling with a few virtual dyno's.

I couldn't get VDR working due to the difference in time input format, dataloglab cost a fair bit and doesn't seem to graph AFR alongside boost and power.
Brad's Virtual Dyno seems a nice liitle program that's easy to use with no need for copy and paste and also looks like it will graph everything automaticly reading off the logs. I like the fact that it's free with a donation option. Sounds good, only problem is our cars and Nistune logs are not supported, yet.

I have emailed the author and he seems happy to add S14's using Nistune logs in. I thought if we put all the info to support other Nistune'd cars in it would make it much easier for the author to add them all in and we get a great little program to use.

He needs the info in this format:

<CarMake>Pontiac</CarMake>
<CarModel>GTO</CarModel>
<CarSubModel>5.7 (17s)</CarSubModel>
<StartYear>2004</StartYear>
<EndYear>2004</EndYear>
<Weight>3725</Weight>
<TransTypeManual>false</TransTypeManual>
<TransGear3>1.000</TransGear3>
<TransGear4>0.700</TransGear4>
<FinalGearRatio>3.46</FinalGearRatio>
<DragCoefficient>0.31</DragCoefficient>
<FrontalArea>27.63</FrontalArea>
<TireDiameter>25.68</TireDiameter>

Here is one I made for S14, I used VDR to work out tyre size (stock below)
Enter stock car settings only

<CarMake>Nissan</CarMake>
<CarModel>200sx</CarModel>
<CarSubModel>2.0 (17s)</CarSubModel>
<StartYear>1995</StartYear>
<EndYear>2000</EndYear>
<Weight>2762</Weight> (ib)
<TransTypeManual>false</TransTypeManual>
<TransGear3>1.308</TransGear3>
<TransGear4>1.000</TransGear4>
<FinalGearRatio>3.697</FinalGearRatio>
<DragCoefficient>0.34</DragCoefficient>
<FrontalArea>19.60</FrontalArea>
<TireDiameter>24.9</TireDiameter>

I will point Brad towards this thread, supporting Nistune and our cars on a free (don't forget to donate if happy) can only be a good thing. I seen the thread here that Herman is using this program using 300gt details, I tried but could not get it to work due to a TPS error.
Put up a log aswell, as far as im aware the program will look for the colum with certain text (eg. RAFR) and then use that info.
lynchfourtwenty

Re: Brad Barnhills Virtual Dyno

Post by lynchfourtwenty »

i too have been talking to brad, seems as if the only thing holding us back from using his program is that our tps records in voltage, i know theres a feature thats suppose to read it in percentage but it doesn't work right and is always at 62% or 65% or 67% weather the throttles on or not..

would be really sweet to be able to use virtual dyno, i've read alot of good things so far, an while its not %100 accurate its pretty close an can serv as a useful tool to those of us who cannot afford to goto the dyno all the time.
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

I suppose I could test it with one of my S14 logs and see what it did since I was on the dyno at the time.
lynchfourtwenty

There is a way to make your nistune.csv log work but you have to edit the csv. basicly copy the time and rpm rows an paste them in a new csv, then make a row for TPS an set them all to 100.

i can send ya a log to show ya what i mean this evening
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'll try and get on top of the TPS issue after this week (school holidays) and put another release with that in
bbarnhill

Post by bbarnhill »

Im the developer of Virtual Dyno ... just wanted to make myself available here in case you guys needed to get a hold of me.
lynchfourtwenty

Ya buddy! :) I <3 Virtual Dyno, I use it all the time :) all I have to do is change the tps values from volts to 100 and its all gravy!, Thanks for adding more cars and stuff man.
bbarnhill

Post by bbarnhill »

lynchfourtwenty wrote:Ya buddy! :) I <3 Virtual Dyno, I use it all the time :) all I have to do is change the tps values from volts to 100 and its all gravy!, Thanks for adding more cars and stuff man.
Always adding more cars as people request them and provide the data for them. Its really easy to support new ones and I want (if I ever get time) to add a form to the website to allow submission of new vehicles for review.

Keep using it and Ill keep making it better :)
bbarnhill

Post by bbarnhill »

1.1.9 has been released ... Enjoy!!!
lynchfourtwenty

First off, Big thanks for adding Nistune support, it saves me soo much time from having to convert logs from volts to % hehe.

A quick question though, why did the graphs change so much?

Yesterdays:

Todays:

same log files.

I read that you revised the scaling, would that be why? I adjusted it to 1 an it looks similar to the one I saved yesterday but not identical. I also notice this has an effect on the final hp/tq numbers, is this more accurate you think?

Thanks again! :)
immy21

Post by immy21 »

I only recently started playing with this again and got it working, although was a chore having to edit the logs while fiddling with other map stuff, mega thanks for supporting Nistune!
Il return the favour with a donation once I'v had another proper play.

Fast Guy

Post by Fast Guy »

bbarnhill wrote:
Always adding more cars as people request them and provide the data for them. Its really easy to support new ones and I want (if I ever get time) to add a form to the website to allow submission of new vehicles for review.
Can you add the Nissan pulsar Gtir and Gtir RB please. Gear ratios as below.
1st ----- 3.285 RB: 3.067
2nd ----- 1.850 RB: 2.095
3rd ----- 1.272 RB: 1.653
4th ----- 0.954 RB: 1.272
5th ----- 0.740 RB: 0.911
Reverse - 3.266 RB: 3.153
Final Drive - 4.125

Weights are 2690lb and 2625lb RB Cd=0.32 or 0.39 depending which Nissan brpchure you read and frontal area=25.65ft^2 going by Nissans WxH of 1690mmx1410mm (don't know if that includes the wing mirrors or not) Tyre diammeter is around 22.44inchs as standard but some RBs came with 23.07" as standard.

Can you fix the car editor so it saves this stuff as a new car if need be?

Thank you.
bbarnhill

Post by bbarnhill »

The car editor is disabled by design right now as the functionality isnt there for saving. I wanted to give you the ability to view the current cars data in the definitions but that has been a nightmare with people reporting bugs with the save button not working (duh).

Ill send you the XML format for the car definitions and let you add as many cars as you want and send them to me and Ill add them to the database of defaults. Make sure they are stock specs when you send it though. Send me a PM with your email address and Ill send it.

I dont have time to go find and gather more car info so I have to refer that to my users to get me the data. Ill send you all of what I need and its easy to return it back to me. I want to add a page to the website to add vehicles at some point but I havent got around to it being a one man army. I felt like bugs were more important. :)
djstatic

Post by djstatic »

Brad,
Please add this bad boy to the list:

Code: Select all

<CarMake>Nissan</CarMake>
<CarModel>Skyline R33</CarModel>
<CarSubModel>GTS-T RB25DET [Manual]</CarSubModel>
<StartYear>1993</StartYear>
<EndYear>1996</EndYear>
<Weight>3064</Weight><!-- lb or 1389.81kg-->
<TransTypeManual>True</TransTypeManual>
<TransGear1>3.214</TransGear1>
<TransGear2>1.925</TransGear2>
<TransGear3>1.302</TransGear3>
<TransGear4>1.000</TransGear4>
<TransGear5>0.752</TransGear5>
<FinalGearRatio>4.11</FinalGearRatio>
<DragCoefficient>0.35</DragCoefficient>
<FrontalArea>22.1</FrontalArea><!-- sq ft or 2.06m2-->
<TireDiameter>24.88</TireDiameter><!-- 205/55 R16 -->
djstatic

Post by djstatic »

bbarnhill wrote:I want (if I ever get time) to add a form to the website to allow submission of new vehicles for review
I can write you a php script (with captcha) to mail car details from the website (so long as you have php/sendmail on your host?)