Another veriosn up ... logging fixed and new address file

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Another veriosn up ... logging fixed and new address file

Post by Matt »

Okay logging is all fixed up now and a new version is now up (0.9090)

I've had to change the way it works a bit

If consult / wideband is connected and logging is opened, then it is in recording mode. You can hit record and it starts logging to a file which now also has seconds also in the filename - this is to stop it asking if you want to overwrite if you rerecord in the same minute (which is what happened previously)

Next, if you stop the log you will still be in record mode, but given the buttons PLAY and RECORD. If you hit record, it will start another log file and begin recording again

But if you hit PLAY at any time whilst in record mode, then it will change to playback mode. When this happens, all inputs are disconnected (ie consult and wideband), so then playback can be seen on the guages and maptracing. If the playback stops short, I found hitting again will do a full playback (prob something that still needs to be fixed)

You can also get playback mode if log player is opened and consult / wideband are not connected

The other thing is that 'browse' used to let you select a file for recording in record mode, and open a file for playback in playback mode. I have changed this functionality. It is now only used for playback. If you are in record mode, and select this, it will ask for a playback file which will then change the logger to playback mode. It gets too tricky when it record mode to use a new file for recording to. Plus I dont think most people specify recording logger names any more anyway. They can always rename the file afterwards

You will get asked after each recording (and then STOP) if you wish to keep the file. This is to prevent getting a large stack of unwanted log files

Hopefully logging is more functional and intuitive now....

The other thing is address files have changed. All ECU address specific information is gone (and now built into a generic package used by NIStune and the patcher programs). You will need to clean out your old address file directory before using this package. Let me know if any probems with maptracing/consult with these new ones. I have checked most of them

Rev A/B boards which most people have are now address files in the 16K address directory which are used with the romulator. The 32K versions for R31/Z31 etec are for RevC/D boards