NTProg - Now for Windows 64bit

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

NTProg - Now for Windows 64bit

Post by Matt »

There has been an update on the website today. NTProg 1.6 the base image programmer software for Nistune boards which now supports Windows Vista 64bit/7 64bit for the USB base image programmers (V7+ boards).

To achieve this the 32 bit parallel port code has been removed along with the 32 bit parallel drivers drivers.

Anyone using parallel port programmers will be limited to using 32 bit machines due to the DriverLynx software used for the programmer

If anyone gets a 'hang' when first opening the software and you have Bluetooth ports on your machine, it is because the software gets hung on the com ports. In the case on my laptop with a bluetooth adaptor there are 10 x COM ports which take upto 20 seconds each to probe!

This same problem happens inside Nistune when you do File-Configuration as bernard highlighted yesterday. One workaround is to uninstall unused bluetooth ports in the interim

I'm going to look into the probing mechanism to see if it can be improved. Other software like Innovate Logworks has the same issue and will hang in similar circumstances but eventually recover
Matt
Site Admin

Re: NTProg - Now for Windows 64bit

Post by Matt »

Update of the programmer software uploaded tonight. Version 1.7 for 32/64 bit

This just reinitialises the programmer on failure. It should be noted that if the ECU TX light does not flicker during programming the onboard PIC may not be responding to commands and it would be necessary in this case to unplug/replug the programmer

I've spent several hours tonight looking into reinitialising the USB port from the software in this event, but it appears not all USB hubs support the windows commands to do this (tried reenumerating the device and USB disconnect) to external user action is required in these cases