bypassing nats..

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

chris2712au

bypassing nats..

Post by chris2712au »

is there any other way except for putting in a jdm tune..
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

no and if there was i wouldn't openly post it here either 8)
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

so if my nats dies I can get pete to just flash it again without the nats ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

if your NATS dies you will need to resync it with another key (Operations-NATS sync has been added recently)
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

which version ? whats the proceedure for doing it just ignition on and consult active ?
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

latest beta version i think chris, i saw it the other day but never used it thinking its not working and wondered what the sequence is to recode the keys ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

There is an application that Horsham Developments put out which does an active test using consult commands for active test, I ran a serial sniffer on it to see what its doing and put that into Nistune based on an application request

It starts the NATS sync active test and then stops it and then monitors one of the NATS registers. However I dont have any formal documentation on this one. Its been left out of the Nissan info which I have and just described as 'NATS'. I dare say there is another Nissan document with this which we will never see
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

well since i used to work for nissan i can only guess we click the button to start the reprogram, then you work as if yours using a nissan consult tool but i cant remember for the life of me what the sequence is lol

something like press start with the ignition on
turn key off and out
insert new key
turn ignition on wait 3 secs and start then off
then check all the keys work
but thats a guess i'll have to give my friend at nissan a ring and ask for the sequence on paper out of the manual :wink:
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

this makes me nervous.. I would hate to stuff it up and have nats lock me out.. that would really suck.. do we have a test dummy to see if it works ok ?
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

I am glad that there is no public tool available to re-program the NATS as this would be make the NATS useless for avoiding thievery.
Nissan S14a (SR20DET) :-)
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

hmm good piont micha

matt if in trail mode is the nats recode function disabled? otherwise its open to abuise
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

cmon guys we all know the NATS system is flawed.. like any other system.. All it takes is a spare ECU without it enabled.. like PFC.. JDM... the key reader itself should be hard wired in not just talking to the ECU... Thats why I have a three point immobiliser installed.. so if you try to go a oem ecu you still have to get past the alarm... Really keen on knowing how to recode keys though on my car.. cause nissan charge a fortune to do it..
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

All OEM code keys and similar things are only good protection against Teen joy riders , I have seen a lot of return and recovered stolen Audi's,MB's and other "interesting" cars and I know that car thieves have different modus operandi so these OEM protection are only for decoration , I don't want to "educate" those group of people so I won't describe how they do it but I have to say that they really knows where to "attack" OEM system,
I have one spare ECU to test it but only car we have with NATS have 555 injectors and Z32 AFM so I would first have to put board in that spare ECU to really see does it work, BTW these procedure is describe in Consult manual .
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

all good the purpose of the thread is whether I give my friends the advice to get the nats system left in when they get nistuned ? or whether to leave it out.. I was a leave it out man before we got this function but now I am interested to see if it actually works..
Jez

Post by Jez »

Matt wrote:There is an application that Horsham Developments put out which does an active test using consult commands for active test, I ran a serial sniffer on it to see what its doing and put that into Nistune based on an application request

It starts the NATS sync active test and then stops it and then monitors one of the NATS registers. However I dont have any formal documentation on this one. Its been left out of the Nissan info which I have and just described as 'NATS'. I dare say there is another Nissan document with this which we will never see
I didn't have any documentation either - I captured the data using a real Nissan consult box and anS14a car. Seems to work ok on every car I've tried.