Nistune 0.10 Release

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Nistune 0.10 Release

Post by Matt »

I dont have support for two AFRs daisy chained together (but should be able to add it)

Currently support is:
Innovate AFR + AUX (Wideband 1) or Innovate AFR only (Wideband 2)
Plus an extra sensor used for the unused wideband

So what physical units do you have connected together? Two innovates units boxes that you want displaying the chain Innovate AFR (Wideband 1) and Innovate AFR (Wideband 2)?
CoZZm0

Post by CoZZm0 »

Silly question (as i've just spend the last 10 minutes or so flicking around in nistune), but where is the value to adjust the minimum AFM voltage ? I can't seem to find it. Using Type3 N14 SR20DE 68Cxxx. Your notes mention this item was fixed for 0.10, hopefully works for my model.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

might be only for some of the SR20 models (thinking S13 SR20DET) so will have to check this tonight
sssbassil

Post by sssbassil »

nistune is crashing and quiting when ever i try and open enything in the bottom left boxs like injector control and temp limits

win xp
s13/u13 sr20det
CoZZm0

Post by CoZZm0 »

sssbassil wrote:nistune is crashing and quiting when ever i try and open enything in the bottom left boxs like injector control and temp limits

win xp
s13/u13 sr20det
This was fixed in the 0.10.1 update. Check the download you have is the right version.
maglito

Post by maglito »

Matt wrote:I dont have support for two AFRs daisy chained together (but should be able to add it)

Currently support is:
Innovate AFR + AUX (Wideband 1) or Innovate AFR only (Wideband 2)
Plus an extra sensor used for the unused wideband

So what physical units do you have connected together? Two innovates units boxes that you want displaying the chain Innovate AFR (Wideband 1) and Innovate AFR (Wideband 2)?
I have an LM-2 and an LC-1 daisy chained together. I saw another thread where two LC-1's daisy chained together worked correctly and displayed both AFR values (member name (ConverTT)...not sure why this would be any different? Unless I'm confused...

My plan is to initially log AFR's using both widebands, and then tune using the leaner of the two...

Thanks for all of your efforts Matt...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Forgot that these were daisy chained in the code. Okay I'm just looking here it got added. Seeing what updates are required to get that going again

Btw how do you daisy chain LC-1 to LM-2? Do you get another 3.5mm jack connector cable for the LM-2 and connect them this way? I need to try this out so I can test it here

VQMap was an easy fix. These use 16 bit words instead of bytes which why only that map display was affected
maglito

Post by maglito »

Matt wrote:Forgot that these were daisy chained in the code. Okay I'm just looking here it got added. Seeing what updates are required to get that going again

Btw how do you daisy chain LC-1 to LM-2? Do you get another 3.5mm jack connector cable for the LM-2 and connect them this way? I need to try this out so I can test it here
I tried it both ways...I got the 3.5mm jack connector and tried it both on the "In" and "Out" port on the LM-2.

Withth the LM-2 connected to the laptop with the LC-1 "Out" going "In" to the LM-2, and the LC-1 connected to the laptop with the LM-2 "Out" connected to the "In" on the LC-1
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

okay found the cable

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcar ... 269&page=1
LM-2 Serial Patch Cable makes the LM-2 MTS Compatible (LC-1, LMA-3, DL-32, SSI-4, TC-4). Four pin Molex to serial 2.5. *Not included with LM-2 kit*
Also going to get these so I can pass OBD-II from later ECUs into Nistune
OBD-II / CAN Interface Accessory Cable for LM-2.

Need to look into this further. Wondering what inputs you get without having to buy the aux box in addition
Analog Input and Output Accessory Cable for LM-2 (Needed for RPM Input).
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Dont think I got an analog cable with my LM-2 just the power connector and sensor with connector ... have to check when I get back
The LM-2 has 4 analog inputs for external 0-5V sensors. Each input has a
corresponding positive lead (+) for the signal and a negative lead (–) for the ground
signal source. It is important to wire both of these leads to get accurate measurements.
The provided analog cable has 14 stripped ends. The wire assignments are as follows:
Analog Out 1 + (Lime Green)
Analog Out 1 – (Yellow)
Analog Out 2 + (Brown/White)
Analog Out 2 – (Dark green)
Analog In 1 + (Purple)
Analog In 1 – (Black)
Analog In 2 + (Grey)
Analog In 2 – (Brown)
Analog In 3 + (White)
Analog In 3 – (Red)
Analog In 4 + (Peach)
Analog In 4 – (Orange)
RPM + (Black/White)
RPM – (Blue)
guricha

Post by guricha »

Guys, is there any manual how to connect LM 1 through DLP to Nistune ? i had no time to start with it but want to check this weekend
maglito

Post by maglito »

Matt wrote:Dont think I got an analog cable with my LM-2 just the power connector and sensor with connector ... have to check when I get back
The LM-2 has 4 analog inputs for external 0-5V sensors. Each input has a
corresponding positive lead (+) for the signal and a negative lead (–) for the ground
signal source. It is important to wire both of these leads to get accurate measurements.
The provided analog cable has 14 stripped ends. The wire assignments are as follows:
Analog Out 1 + (Lime Green)
Analog Out 1 – (Yellow)
Analog Out 2 + (Brown/White)
Analog Out 2 – (Dark green)
Analog In 1 + (Purple)
Analog In 1 – (Black)
Analog In 2 + (Grey)
Analog In 2 – (Brown)
Analog In 3 + (White)
Analog In 3 – (Red)
Analog In 4 + (Peach)
Analog In 4 – (Orange)
RPM + (Black/White)
RPM – (Blue)

I haven't played around with the analog inputs yet, but noticed there are no 5V or 12V output from the LM-2 to drive the sensors like there is with the SSI-4. Not sure if this will be a problem, as there are 5V outputs from the vehicle ECU for the TPS sensor that could be tapped into, and then battery voltage for the 12V.
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

On the 5v power supply I used a cell phone car charger (hard wired) to supply a MAP sensor 5v, I noticed not all cell phone chargers are 5v some are just under 5 volts while other are 5.12v and this makes a big different with respect to the map sensors voltage to pressure relationship.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

This is where the DLP is good because you get 5v supply from the USB port for the boost sensor which is what I've been running in the R34

I've ordered the patch cable, analogue cable and OBD-II cable today so can use those to test my changes hooking LM-2 and LC-1 together
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay fixes pending for next release (0.10.2)
- Zeitronic scaling
- Innovate daisy chaining
- VQ map comparison (fixed)
- Map highlighting crash (only on certain computers... cannot repeat here but have put extra checking for divide by 0 for retesting next release)
- Get AFR vs RPM/speed graph working again (would like to put boost in here also whilst I am it so its comparable to what you see on the dyno)
- AFM trigger voltage (check)