S13 SR20DET STOCK MAP TP

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

UNISA JECS

S13 SR20DET STOCK MAP TP

Post by UNISA JECS »

Hey Matt I have a friends car S13 SR20DET I been tuning and its my first JDM ECU Nistune equipped car I have played with

Setup is all stock
Stock MAF
Stock Injectors
Stock Turbo

and this is what kinda alarmed me is that with stock everything and boosting ~9psi the TP is at ~56 at WOT is this normal on a essentially bone stock S13 SR20DET, cause im used to tunning on the USDM ECU's where there use the whole TP range, but this stuck out to me an wanted to ask, I have not adjust any other things like K const that would effect TP, just wanted to know is that was normal for the S13 SR20DET ECU
fdsfsdfsf.JPG
(265.33 KiB) Downloaded 1435 times
Matt
Site Admin

Re: S13 SR20DET STOCK MAP TP

Post by Matt »

This is a Pete question... check with him
PL

Post by PL »

A stock S13 SR? That is a rare beast!

Unfortunately I've got nothing. I have a ton of maps and logs for modified SR's but for a stock one? Not so much.

All I've got is that I thought they ran a tad more boost than that - even stock. They have a couple of brass jets in the hoses to the WG actuator that bleed them up a bit. It wasn't a lot but that would give a touch more load.

Sorry - it's been so long since I tuned one that's even close to stock that I'm at a loss as to what load numbers they'd run. :(

PL
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

PL wrote:A stock S13 SR? That is a rare beast!

Unfortunately I've got nothing. I have a ton of maps and logs for modified SR's but for a stock one? Not so much.

All I've got is that I thought they ran a tad more boost than that - even stock. They have a couple of brass jets in the hoses to the WG actuator that bleed them up a bit. It wasn't a lot but that would give a touch more load.

Sorry - it's been so long since I tuned one that's even close to stock that I'm at a loss as to what load numbers they'd run. :(

PL
haha I know what you mean, actually I lied its a completely stock setup minus having 256 TOMEI PONCAMS, somehow I forgot that, anyhow here is the TP walk path of a stock everything minus cams

SR20DET BLACKTOP
11PSI (the logged boost PSI is a little off, its only making 11 psi tops) have to calibrate the scale better in Nistune)
STOCK MAF
STOCK 370cc
STOCK K CONST

*STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION* but thought this would be good basic knowledge especially since I always thought it ran off the far right even stock, there is a huge difference obviously in timing at the walk up to TP 64 vs TP 104
STOCK SR20DET TOMEI PONCAMS 11PSI TP WALK.JPG
(188.18 KiB) Downloaded 1406 times
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Here's a fuel MAP Estimated AFR vs Actual AFR

This car also runs a WALBRO 255 and it over runs the stock FPR a lot so static fuel pressure is 4 bar 58psi

TIM is 780
Latency 290uS (for what ever reason this value kept the AFR in the low 13's at idle) stock 580uS acted funny would go lean then to rich)

This was done fairly quick im sure I could get it better though
STK SR20DET PONCAMS 11PSI TP WALK AFR.JPG
(206.89 KiB) Downloaded 1404 times
PL

Post by PL »

Yeah looks about right. I usually follow Mr. Nissan's lead these days and reserve the last column for minimised timing, and then set it up so max boost has it just touching the second to last column. Then if the owner "accidentally" turns the boost up it'll go into the minimised timing column and save the engine. As well as boost cut of course.

I suspect if you crank the boost up with the stock turbo it'll go over towards the last column and then come back towards where it is at high rpm anyway.

Be interesting to see what it makes with stock turbo plus cams. Never tried that. I know they respond well to "T28" and cams.

PL
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

PL wrote:Yeah looks about right. I usually follow Mr. Nissan's lead these days and reserve the last column for minimised timing, and then set it up so max boost has it just touching the second to last column. Then if the owner "accidentally" turns the boost up it'll go into the minimised timing column and save the engine. As well as boost cut of course.

I suspect if you crank the boost up with the stock turbo it'll go over towards the last column and then come back towards where it is at high rpm anyway.

Be interesting to see what it makes with stock turbo plus cams. Never tried that. I know they respond well to "T28" and cams.

PL
That makes good sense and you keep resolution on the map versus running it off the map, also with just these cams you see I had to cut off some of the stock "flaged o2" areas cause the car actually produces positive boost like way down low like 1500-1800rpm, was having a bit of a problem down in that low area of just getting to much fuel though and haven't sorted that out yet.

This car wont be like this for long though he is upgraded turbo and injectors