cannot stop going pig rich

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

sr20truck

cannot stop going pig rich

Post by sr20truck »

I have simply fitted a z32 mafs, 555 injectors at 4 bar flowing at 670cc, lowered the tp min and just cant avoid going rich while sitting still and giving it throttle, this is such a noob mistake for me and I'm not sure what I've done wrong. The coil pack earth is stout. Multiple grounds are fresh with new wiring. Entire car has fresh wiring for that matter from bumper to bumper. Any input would be much appreciated. This is a fresh build that hasn't driven yet.

sr20det black top
86mm
brian crower 264 and timed gears.
p2m blue coilpacks
z32 mafs
555nismo injectors at 4 bar for 670cc
top mount gtx2876
Attachments
cory 6-15-2018-2.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
cory111_2018-06-15_1551_20.csv
(28.09 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Matt
Site Admin

Re: cannot stop going pig rich

Post by Matt »

Fresh wiring... did you test it all first with stock MAF/injectors? If not maybe go back to what to make sure wiring is all good

After that do injector resize for 555CC and make sure that works with those injectors, then do the MAF resize after (and recalibrate TIM/K)
sr20truck

Post by sr20truck »

I think I am onto something here. I started scoping as many signals as possible and found no issues. Except with the coil packs. There is a negative spike I do not like at all. I relocated the ignitor chip to the inside of the car and found it to be hot. I will check out the wires for them, diagnose the chip and post back.
sr20truck

Post by sr20truck »

As promised I have found the culprit to the problem with the engine. The new Tial blow off valve was opening under light throttle. I removed it's vacuum source and throttled it again, the issue completely is gone. We can proceed to proper tuning now after a stronger spring is ordered for the blow off valve. I was unfamiliar with this new bov technology. What a relief. I am celebrating. It has been 10 weeks, this one made me feel incompetent.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

It just takes one thing to go wrong, so it can become pain trying to back trace after multiple modifications the main source of the problem. Good to hear you got that part sorted