s13 Sr20det tuning issues

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

1993s13

s13 Sr20det tuning issues

Post by 1993s13 »

My tuner and I have been having an ongoing issue with nistune where we dial the car in perfectly on the dyno doing low load cruising highway speed cruising and wot pulls everything will be just as we want it. When we pull the car off the dyno it seems to want to be lean at any partial throttle but wot remains good and consistent. As the temperature changes the tune is not compensating and i have not been able to use the narrow band o2 becuase it causes random lean spots when coming onto boost.

Built s13 sr20det, CP 9.0:1 pistons, Scat Rods, ACL bearings, manly springs and retainers, jwt s3 cams, twisted motion gt2871r, stock intake and exhaust manifolds, radium fuel rail, bosch motorsports 1300cc injectors, hpxn1 maf few inches before throttle body, ISIS 3in single gt exhasut.

we made 348whp and 286tq at 15psi on 93

it seems like it will run perfect after slightly adjusting afrs cruising and low throttle but later that day and then on its in conistant and unpreictable. Are we missing a table or value that needs changed somewhere?
Matt
Site Admin

Re: s13 Sr20det tuning issues

Post by Matt »

Yourself or the tuner need to start taking some logs using the log recorder in the software

If you can get one taken under the conditions where it is running fine and another where it is running bad and post these (or email with tune file) then I can have a look further

Right now from the description only I cannot offer any feedback without seeing logs and the BIN (tune file)

Also would like to know the AFRs (if you can wire the wideband to your laptop then we can log AFRs too)
bosch motorsports 1300cc injectors
Why so big injectors? You could have tuned this up with half the size injectors and still had plenty to spare. Going too big can sometimes cause issues around bottom end but I'm unsure if this is related or not