SR20 highport stalls when in gear

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

WalknBullzEye

SR20 highport stalls when in gear

Post by WalknBullzEye »

A friend of my drives in a Nissan Primera with SR20DE highport engine with GT2871R turbocharger and RNN14 EDM ECU

There is only one problem we could not solve yet. The engine stalls, but only when warm. (coolant above 70°C). And only when in gear and the clutchpedal is pressed. I tried to modify some tables when in gear. We also adjusted the idle valve screw (IACV/AAC).
All with no luck.

Hopefully you can give me advise where to start and adjust maybe one or more tables.
Attachments
2017_06_04_backup_na_afstellen_steve.bin
ROM file
(32 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Matt
Site Admin

Re: SR20 highport stalls when in gear

Post by Matt »

Can you include a log file showing the stalling which I can view to play it back?
WalknBullzEye

Post by WalknBullzEye »

Today I finally had time to make a logfile. See the file attached.
Attachments
Primera_log.csv
(54.97 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

AAC is a solenoid (which vibrates based on duty cycle) so you can only adjust the idle air intake screw.

Also I dont see the AAC in the log since it was not enabled when you connected to consult. One would assume that from 800 rpm (at 24.914 in the log) that the ECU is increasing both timing from 11 deg BDTC and AAC duty to try and keep idle high but the RPMs keep on dropping

There is no wideband info in the log but I see the 0.79ms injection time during decel and then 1.76ms injection time when it is trying to reccover but that is not keeping the engine going (what are AFRs here?)

One could assume airleak or something else but I would like to see AFRs in the log file to determine if mixtures are okay. From an ECU control side of things timing looks fine and I think injection time also

You could try increasing TPmin table to add more fuel at idle but that might be a bandaid solution
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Also only happening when warm is because the temp enrichment is no longer being added, so it is not as much as previously which means it might be lean at the time the problem happens