AFR Questions

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

TheStigP11GT

AFR Questions

Post by TheStigP11GT »

I recently started doing a little more bits and peices to the engine, namely put it in another car. Anyways also copied the maps between ECU's without any issue,

Since it was like for like the base map i ran with the build, allows AFR's to be around 12:1 at WOT, and ran around 14.2:1 on light/motorway driving. Engine ran very smooth, I recently changed the Intake from a cheap eBay Special due to it getting on a bit to a HKS Mushroom filter, WOT seems to be find, half throttle and light throttle has caused an increase in the AFR's, sitting at around 40 MPH and light throttle now sits around 15.2:1 up to even 16:1, I am still learning a lot about AFR's but there is a lot of conflicting information,

Would these AFR's be safe to run for daily driving and light throttle? Would it be recommended to increase the fuel? also what would be optimum for light throttle driving. The engine and throttle response seems very nice, runs really well and doesn't hesitate.

Engine is an SR20VE with N1 head, Modified N1 Pistons, has thermocoated pistons, and runs around 12.5:1 compression ratio. 370cc Injectors. Custom Intake Pipe with N1 Intake setup, and N1 MAF,Nistune Type 4
PL

Re: AFR Questions

Post by PL »

Should be fine if it's only at light cruise. As long as it richens up when load is applied.

PL