Warm start problem, Always in knock maps(A32)

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Crusher103

Warm start problem, Always in knock maps(A32)

Post by Crusher103 »

Hey guys, n00b alert im new to Nistune and tuning, I'm trying to get my car running stably before i drive it down to the tuner.

When my car gets to indicated coolant temp of around 170* it becomes impossible to restart, when it is cold it fires up with out a problem.

Second issue is I'm always running in knock maps. The panel is indicating no DTC, so i do not understand why im always running in knock fuel maps. even during free revs the knock timing map is engaged no the normal map. I was trying to use the Auto AFR to clean up some of the issues but it has no effect with the knock maps in use.

Any help is much appreciated

Car:
96 A32 Infiniti I30
Z32 Maf
650cc injectors
VQ35"HR" swap
62-1 Turbonetics
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Warm start problem, Always in knock maps(A32)

Post by Matt »

Please post tune file and log file of issue

Sounds like the crank enrich tables need to be reduced when in the higher temperature range
Crusher103

Post by Crusher103 »

Ok I have been messing with the enrichment tables no dice, not a change when it gets up to 170* it will not restart until the car cools to around 140* and even then its difficult. I went back to my spare ECU and the car fired right up. So im using that for the mean time with my emanage, but cant extend the rev limiter with it so its no real use to me. So here is my tune. My log file is too big any help on where to uploaded i will.
Attachments
Backup orginal map.bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The file that you posted is same as the factory file (40U01) so there are no changes to the tune at all in it? If you actually have that loaded, it should run the same as the stock ECU (with the emanage)

Can you try that out (or upload the 40U01 base file into the ECU) and repeat the same test
Crusher103

Post by Crusher103 »

The only change i made is to the auto injector resize and selecting the Z32 maf. It is very confusing to why im having issues with warm starts.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Auto values in the injector resize may not be close enough for your setup

You will need to open the 'Crank enrich' table and adjust the values along the temperature range until the vehicle starts properly for each cell

Start with lean settings, and crank until starting. If no crank then increase richness until it starts. Then stop and restart crank
Crusher103

Post by Crusher103 »

Ok now it is starting when hot, too little fuel was the issue. Next problem is why is it always in knock maps?
Crusher103

Post by Crusher103 »

And let me know if you need a log from NIstune how long it needs to be and what i need to do exactly to do in Nistune or while driving to get a log up for you. Even having nistune open for 30mins is a 50mb log. so if i can know exactly what to do i can get a short effective log up for analysis.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

This is the consult log (not the debug log) that we need. Surprised it would be that large, but it will ZIP quite small if you can get it

Not sure why its sitting on the knock maps. If you dont have a knock fault code then it shouldn't be using them. If you change the knock timing map, do you see the consult timing gauge change to reflect updates that you make to the selected cells in that map?