RB25DET NEO E-flex fuel map

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

AUSBen31

RB25DET NEO E-flex fuel map

Post by AUSBen31 »

Hey guys,

Just started on the e-flex tune for the R31, before i get started i'll quickly list the mods:

-Rb25det NEO
- Xspurt 1000CC injectors
- STD new nissan coilpacks, BCPR7ES 0.6mm gap (on 98 was spitting on anything above this)
- ATR43SS2 hypergear on 18psi currently
- 3" system, highflow 100cell cat
- Aeromotive 340LPH intank
- Nistune (obviously)
- Continental e-flex sensor in return line, currently reading 78% (first fill after using active test>fuel pump to drain tank)

Okay so Chequered did the 98 tune (which was fantastic btw, highly recommend) and was going to get the e-flex done through them however have been advised that the ECU would be locked after e-flex maps, which is fair enough! however need to be able to access for launch pickup points and diagnostics ect.

So i started with adding 30 raw value points to whole map of e-flex correction. Started up straight away as like it was still on 98 with about 10.9 AFR (haven't touched cold enrichment e-flex yet) with some messing around managed to get FTS/FTL within -3/+3 free reving and whilst driving. My main question is, does anybody have an example of the values that should be expected to be adding in, on boost and cruise ect? like an example e-flex map? I'm up to raw value of 72 which seems awfully high to me in the high load sections. It has started to spit spark out on boost, which it did not do on 98. I think that this is because of the larger fuel quantity going in on E85, and the standard nissan coilpacks. Timing wise i have added 5' in low load areas and 2' across most high load areas.

If i could get an example of another e-flex map that would be fantastic, or any other advice would be great.
AUSBen31

Re: RB25DET NEO E-flex fuel map

Post by AUSBen31 »

attached is a photo of my e-flex map so far, just wanting to know if i'm on the right track lol.

also disregard aeromotive 340 in first post, upgraded to a walbro 450lph as i ran out of pump.
Attachments
Capture56.PNG
Timing + flex
(63.38 KiB) Downloaded 2983 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

That looks about a good start. We were more aggressive with the timing and added more fuel on boost but most other flex maps I've seen have been flatter in the fuel than this
matt_r34_flex.png
(116.89 KiB) Downloaded 2973 times
AUSBen31

Post by AUSBen31 »

What was you're timing like on the std igniton maps to be running 15' more on e85 haha? or did it just want more?

My timing is very conservative in std map as below
Attachments
Capturetim.PNG
(62.96 KiB) Downloaded 2969 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

see attached
matt_r34_base_timing.png
(108.13 KiB) Downloaded 2951 times