Nistune on a generic daughterbord

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Crazyced

Nistune on a generic daughterbord

Post by Crazyced »

I bought a 240sx with an S14 SR20 swap. Mods are: Intake, stock S14 SR MAF, BOV, IC, STI injectors, HKS GT2530, 3" turbo back exhaust, AEM fuel pump. The previous owner said the car was tuned with Nistune. Unfortunately when I opened the ECU (69F00), I found a generic daughter board installed.

It seems to be this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ER34-Z32-Y33-RB ... 1012537142

I can only guess that it was tuned using Nistune then flashed to this board. I have a couple of questions:

-Can I use the same ribbon cable/socket to just plug in a Type 3 Nistune board instead?
-Can I use the Nistune software to read and load the tune that is on the generic board to eventually flash it to the Type 3 board?
-Can I safely flash the 74F0F Feature pack on my 69F00 ECU?

Thank you

Cedric
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Nistune on a generic daughterbord

Post by Matt »

You need the 40 pin adaptor and Type 3 board

Nistune firmware is not available and will not work on EPROM boards like this

You can download the tune from this board and import to 74F0F loaded on a Type 3 board.
Crazyced

Post by Crazyced »

Are you sure I need an adaptor? It looks like the typical 2x20 plug the Type 3 bord uses to me.

Here's my actual ECU:
Crazyced

Post by Crazyced »

Could you confirm/link what adapter I would need? I'm ready to put in my order.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Nistune can be used with emulators (x2) with that board or a tune done on a Nistune ECU, then saved

After this the tune is then burnt to EPROM chip... it does not have Nistune firmware

So the tune in that board just a standard Nissan code with maps changed with Nistune, but not Nistune firmware etc

To retune would require a Nistune board, or two emulators, chip burner and eraser...
Crazyced

Post by Crazyced »

Yes I fully understand that. My plan was to purchase a Type 3 board and software.

But since there's already a tune for my setup in there, I was just wondering if there would be any way for me to read the maps (fuel, ignition, etc) that are on my daughter board so that I could possibly transfer them (manually or otherwise) to my newly purchased Type 3 board using your software.

My other question was if you Type 3 board would simply fit in the socket that is already soldered onto my ECU. But from the look of it it should, worst case I'll have to dremel out the casing on the male socket.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Type 3 board *may* fit that socket if its standard 40 pin connector, even with the housing around it

When you have cable and licence, you can connect to that ECU, download the maps. After this fit the Type 3 board and upload maps to this board
Crazyced

Post by Crazyced »

Perfect, thank you very much.