Boost Control issues

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

stuffcc

Boost Control issues

Post by stuffcc »

I have issues with the Boost Control feature.

I installed a MAC valve, plugged with the standard connector, S14 75F00 ECU. I loaded the S14_SR20DET_75F0F_MT_NATS_EDM_FP_maps.bin file, imported my maps to it, uploaded to the ECU. 1.2.41 Nistune, 1.3 FP1 ROM Pack.

- "Control Flags 1-2-3-4" and "Wastegate solenoid" in the Detected Consult Registrers checked

- No DTC(s)
- Boost maps are highlighting when I give some throttle.
- Whatever I do in the maps I always get 20PWM (with the input tracer) and the solenoid is ticking everytime at the same speed
- I don't see the "W/gate sol" going red

- I checked the "Boost solenoid" in the Feedback Switch 1, "Bit 5, Boost by gear" in the Feature Control flags,

Did I miss something or I didn't do something right somewhere else ?

Thanks.
stuffcc

Re: Boost Control issues

Post by stuffcc »

Up !
If it helps, I'm using the Fan Control since 2 month now with no issues, and I've just tested the Launch Control feature, working aswell, if it can help in the diagnosis ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Sorry for the delay. I need to run this one up on the bench so will try and get to this soon
stuffcc

Post by stuffcc »

Any updates about this ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Sorry missed this one. Can you please email / post current tune file

Raised problem report
http://www.nistune.com/mantis/view.php?id=139
stuffcc

Post by stuffcc »

Here it is. Thanks.
Attachments
13-BC.bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

What is the part # on your ECU?

I was getting 20 stuck when I had a boost sensor fault code (there must be another fault condition parameter where it sets boost to 20%)

I cannot repeat on the bench with your maps here. See with valid speed, temperature, RPM, MAF and switch input it works fine. I did notice your neutral indicator appeared to be on the whole time (perhaps that's causing the problem)

Make sure all inputs are valid (see what I have below which makes it work on my bench) and it should get what you see on your map
Attachments
s14_boost_duty.png
repeated issue
(214.64 KiB) Downloaded 3135 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Also don't expect the wastegate overboost solenoid indicator to illuminate (this vehicle instead has a variable duty solenoid so there is no on/off with this particular engine)
stuffcc

Post by stuffcc »

Alright, so the "issue" was the boost pressure sensor, but the thing is that I didn't had the fault code before (see my screenshots). I removed it before installing nistune, I still want to remove it, I tried ignoring the DTC code by ticking the boost sensor DTC filter without success, fault code is still here.

So thanks for help, my ECU is a 75F00 and the neutral switch doesn't matter.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Disabling the DTC filter only stops the ECU from reporting the fault code. It does not disable the fault handling (using limp values) when the sensor is disconnected

I would advise reconnecting the sensor, or using a resistor to remove the fault code

The Nistune firmware does not alter any boost sensor or boost control operation. Your 75F0F tune file is based from 75F00 so there is no mismatch with ROM image either

Question... you say when screenshots were taken there is no boost sensor fault code, but now you say "fault code is still here". At what point did the fault code show up?