WGC34 Stagea Tuning

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Stick

Re: WGC34 Stagea Tuning

Post by Stick »

**UPDATE**
So, car is still sitting in my garage, not finished yet, but have gone with a Borg Warner Airwerks S257SXE and Tial 44mm external gate. I've hit a snag with one of coilpacks (Audi R8) hitting the TCS motor on the j pipe. If i remove the TSC motor it will fit.

My question is, can i remove the TCS motor and turn off any associated flags? or will i need to do some sort of trickery with the ECU?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes, read our "NEO Tuning" documentation under Support > Technical Notes
Stick

Post by Stick »

Will do, thanks Matt
Stick

Post by Stick »

Hi Matt,

Got my ECU back after you so kindly uploaded the feature packs. A quick question: When running aftermarket coil packs, do i need to adjust dwell time or anything like that? Im running Bosch R8 coil packs, and im getting DTC 21 - Ignition Signal, but the car seems to idle fine? In saying that, i haven't driven it yet, just let it idle for 15 mins.

In saying that though, i have not cleared the fault yet to see if it reoccurs.

Also, did you change the injectors to 1000cc or 1250cc? i realised on my note i didn't mention size other than i had attempted to adjust to 1000cc, but on the order i mentioned 1250cc...

Josh
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Your invoice says 1250 so I think I adjusted to that, but tell me what the TIM is and I can let you know

TIM=314 for 1000CC with the base tune i used
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Aftermarket coil packs might trigger code 21 but wont affect ECU operation

I'm not sure with those coils the intended dwell time, but you can increase the dwell/voltage table to increase coil dwell time if you get misfires on boost
Stick

Post by Stick »

Im assuming i go by the TIM value under Resize Injectors? Which states 314.

I moved the ground for the coil pack loom and cleared the DTCs and so far it hasn't come back, so hopefully that has sorted it. They are very similar to Yaris coils, but ill see how they behave on the dyno.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay change TIM to 261 to cover 1200CC injectors. Just pulling out a bit more fuel than 1000CC
Stick

Post by Stick »

Made 266kw on 98 @18psi, and 302kw e85 @ 19psi.

Matt, Clint mentioned there was a bit of an issue with the MAP sensor? do i need to have one plugged in? what happens if its not?
Attachments
20171120_165130.jpg
(861.8 KiB) Downloaded 3876 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

MAP sensor has been an interesting topic lately. I've been researching since we so far found that slight release of TPS without boost sensor connected will drop TP from current values to around the 130 mark

So if you are scaled to 200 TP for example and are in this region and on boost, and then let go of TPS slightly (say 0.2V as seen in logs) then TP drops and can result in you tracing lower in the fuel and timing maps (and that can increase timing and cause lean map references hence detonation)

If disconnecting the boost sensor - disconnect the hose (boost sensor measures 2.7V still and so far my testing shows no drop in TP) rather than the electrical connector to the boost sensor. More research to follow. This is also seen on stock R34 ECUs with disconnecting boost sensor plugs. However stock fuel maps go to 160 so the drop from 160 to 130ish is not as bad as if it is rescaled to 200+
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Also stock map sensor will fault code DTC BOOST SENSOR at 16psi and max out 18psi. You can increase BOOST SENSOR max limit to 5.12 volts to avoid this being reported as a DTC

However some NEOs with boost sensor connected have a 'bogging' issue after modificatons and so the boost tables or VE maps appear to require updating. Looking into this now
Stick

Post by Stick »

Hmm, interesting stuff.

Could i run a resistor circuit to the sensor line on the MAP sensor so that it sees 2.7v constantly? will that fix any issues? or is still just a bandaid at this stage?
Stick

Post by Stick »

Actually, i have a LM2596 step down voltage regulator here that i can test
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Resistor from the 5V feed to the input line may work (similar to the TPS sensor, which uses same line)

Ideally using the proper boost sensor or a larger one will be part of my investigation over 18psi. Updated NEO tuning guide last night with updates and log showing what happens. Next to track down the code in diassembly to see if we can disable or change that drop
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Fixed boost sensor voltage does not make any difference in this playback. Doubled K from factory to simulate TP index drop from 197 to 128. Needs boost sensor fully connected it appears. Lower K constant (lower TP resulting) will not show the TP drop
R34_TP_drop_fixed_boost.PNG
(25.15 KiB) Downloaded 3859 times