FTS/FTL and maps accessed not showing up

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

revolutionz_s13

FTS/FTL and maps accessed not showing up

Post by revolutionz_s13 »

Not sure if this is a software bug or not, so posting here.

I had some issues with a chopped up wiring harness that came in the car. It worked, but it was a disaster. This last weekend, I put a full wiring specialties wiring harness in. Everything works great now, but in the Nistune software, I no longer get a readout for FTS and FTL, they are just blank. Also, it seems like some of the maps being accessed are not highlighting green, like the fuel map for instance. A couple tables show up green and stay that way, like crank enrich and engine crank offset.

One thing I tried, is when I connect the consult after starting up the program, I clicked the check boxes for FTS and FTL, and now they show up again, but both just sit at 0% and never move. I know they were working prior to this, so is this a issue with the consult plug wiring or did I hit a button? I can't seem to figure it out. Everything else works fine as far as being able to control the car.

Thanks in advance.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: FTS/FTL and maps accessed not showing up

Post by Matt »

The O2 sensor input is used for trimming. Do you see any fluctuation on the O2 signal line in voltages? If not then your harness is not sending the O2 signal as expected and you will need to trace that line back
revolutionz_s13

Yes, I see the O2 sensor fluctuating a bit, and everything else seems normal, that's why I'm slightly confused. Even all the gauges on the large gauge window appear to all be reading correctly.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

post bin file and log file here
revolutionz_s13

Finally had a chance to get in the car and get a log. Here are the log and bin files.
NIStune_2014-09-01_2240_10.csv
(694.26 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
base.bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Log shows o2 voltage stuck on 2.48v the whole time. Its not fluctuating. Either its broken or vehicle was running too rich and has it stuck on rich due to deposits in the sensor
revolutionz_s13

Holy hell, I can't believe I didn't even notice that. I'll change it out and see what it does. That would probably explain why closed loop wasn't playing nice.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yep definately!

I've got the same issue on my S14 at the moment, running it too rich on E85!