S14 SR20DET Cold start/base map help

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

revolutionz_s13

S14 SR20DET Cold start/base map help

Post by revolutionz_s13 »

Hey all, trying to get my car running again after a rebuild so I can break the engine in and get to the dyno. Having some troubles with cold start, and with the car trying to die when I come to a stop.

Setup is as follows:
s14 SR20DET
full forged internals, Supertech 9:1 pistons
BC Stage 2 cams
Z32 MAF
MSD 96# (1000cc) injectors
GT3076R turbo, external wg
full 3" exhaust
92oct gas

The car seems to idle good once I get it started and it warms up a bit. Nistune shows it idles about 15deg timing at 850-900 rpm around 14.5 afr

When I come to a stop sign, the car tries to die, but I can keep it running with the throttle and then it evens back out after a sec.

Just looking for someone to peek at the logs and the tune and see if I have anything really crazy going on that I shouldn't.
I pulled about 3deg of timing in the low load areas just to be safe.
I have the knock flag turned off in feedback, but Nistune still shows a knock code showing up. Do I need to put a resistor in the plug?

I'm sure I have more questions, but that's about all I can think of now, have about 10miles on the car so far, and no crazy noises and good vacuum, so that's a good sign, right?

Thanks in advance for your help guys!
NIStune_2014-08-01_1906_49.csv
(554.87 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
NIStune_2014-08-01_1951_46.csv
(478.79 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
base.bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Matt
Site Admin

Re: S14 SR20DET Cold start/base map help

Post by Matt »

Interesting at 6:23:809

The RPMs start dropping, and ECU increases timing and injection time but they key on dropping until foot on throttle

I dont see anywhere else in those logs showing the RPMs stopping to stalling. What you might want to check is your MAF voltage when it does that

Try increasing your TPmin in the lower RPM areas to avoid stalling if it goes too lean (no AFRs recorded in this log)
revolutionz_s13

Re: S14 SR20DET Cold start/base map help

Post by revolutionz_s13 »

I have the cable to log my wideband, I'll hook it up and give another run at it.

In the meantime, PL has sent me a base map to work with, and that seems a little more stable on throttle cut/decel so I'm going to use the map comparison to try and merge his his cranking and low load settings with the map that I have. I am just trying to get the car shook down good before I bring it to the tuner as it is about a 400 mile one way trip for me.

Appreciate the help guys.

-Nate