Type 3/4/5 user tunes

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

MomentFD

Type 3/4/5 user tunes

Post by MomentFD »

Do we have a thread or resource to see peoples tunes? I've had a lot of questions while learning that could really be answered by looking at other's work. I know there's some danger with people loading other's images, but we're no strangers to engine dangers.

The tuning example in the Tuning Basics pdf was great, so maybe a similar format.

Engine
Mods - bolt ons, turbo, injectors, AFM, etc
Dyno if available would be awesome.

What do you guys think? I'd really be surprised if this didn't exist so if it does just point me there!
Last edited by MomentFD on Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
unreal-

Re: SR20 user tunes

Post by unreal- »

1st: Would KA-T people be able to post in here as well? i can attach my tune if you want.

2nd: I dont believe a thread has been created like this. Only place ive seen it is a small thread on KA-T.org for us KA guys (something like "OBD1 tunes hosted and posted".)

I have a tune that i just finished a few days ago after a few weeks of working on it, but its nothing too out of the ordinary. standard timing map with values that do not go more than 2 units from the others, starting at 40* in the leftmost column, going to 26* @ 0 psi tapering to 14* @ the right most column, not counting a single overboost column. Map is set up for about 12psi. Follows a standard 1*/psi retard for DD-level safety. Fuel map and VE table are a bit more customized to suit my specific setup (my K value is a bit out of wack so i had to compensate a bit) Took me a while to dial in the crank and enrichment tables though.
MomentFD

Re: Type 3/4/5 user tunes

Post by MomentFD »

Anything Type 3/4/5 sounds good to me, thread will get more activity being combined since this is a slower moving forum. I changed the title and propose a format of

Engine:
Injectors:
MAF:
Internals:
Bolt-ons:
Turbo:
Notes about tuning experience:

Just a proposal. I'll get my SR one up in a week or two when I'm back. Reason I thought this could be so helpful is because my map changed pretty drastically from the stock one that was running me in the 9-10 AFRs.