Help get me started please

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Xxmarcusrxx

Help get me started please

Post by Xxmarcusrxx »

So guys I've been trying to tweek some stuff around to get my car to idle let alone accelerate. After about two days of messing around I just cant get this thing to work.

er34 Rb25det neo
greddy manifold
z32 blow through setup

So when the car is warming up it has a 14.7-15 afr but after it gets to operating temps the afr shoots to 10.5-12, slowly increasing and decreasing. When i touch the throttle afrs shoot to 21 and the car stalls. Ive changed the maf to j30, unplugged o2 sensor, and tried adjusting the k latency but it has no effect of the idling afrs and the car still dies if I give it some gas. I'm just not sure what to do here.

funny enough, I move the MAF in front of the turbo the car idles and revs fine. Can someone just get me on the right track here I'm in the dark.
Attachments
STARTING.bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
problem1_2014-02-27_2215_42.csv
(47.01 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Help get me started please

Post by Matt »

Moving the position of maf changes its readings. Compare the MAF voltages in both positions. Where exactly is it located?

What injector size?
Xxmarcusrxx

Post by Xxmarcusrxx »

Maf is located in the cold side piping about 6 inches from the bend from the intercooler. It's voltage on ide is 1.5v in the blow through setup. When its ion front of the turbo its the same.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Had some time to look at this properly today

The scalers in the tune are a bit messed up. Your TP (load) scaling should go upto the maximum load which the vehicle is able to reach during a power run. This tune shows the scales going upto maximum (255) and it is likely the ECU is not even going to access half the map

You also have the wrong MAF selected - you have J30 VG30DE MAF when you should be using a Z32 300ZX MAF. Not sure why you have selected a Maxima MAF here?

Both are going to cause issues
Xxmarcusrxx

Post by Xxmarcusrxx »

sorry to waste everyone's time. I fixed the things you mentioned thanks btw. But it turned out that the MAF wasn't connected to the intercooler piping on the throttle body side :roll: