which injetors for good idle

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Zenki

which injetors for good idle

Post by Zenki »

Hi guys,

Which injector would you recommend for an s14a sr20det.
I know that 740cc Nismos are fine, which else? Who has experience with other ones?
I am looking for 700-1000cc
I want to have a fine idle….
skylinegtrhr

Re: which injetors for good idle

Post by skylinegtrhr »

We have Bosch ECU (JECS is joint Nissan Bosch venture) so it is best to stick to their injectors, You can see that many here use ID injectors which are Bosch productions ...

I recently for the first time try Denso SARD injectors on SR20 and as I have some time I swap JECS 550 and put DENSO 550, and it is whole different level, just one example on JECS You can drive car without hesitation even on 19 A/FR and on DENSO it have to be 16 A/FR same car same road same day, Bosch spray and latency time is just superior and I wouldn't gamble with my or customer car and also can't even compare driveability in low speed, I didn't put on dyno that car but I'm sure that even there would be difference .
PL

Post by PL »

If you can make do with 740's then I'd stick with them. Most SR's can be made to idle perfectly with 740's. ID1000's seem to be OK but being single-hole I doubt the atomisation would be as good as the 4-hole JECS 740's. I've not tested this - it's just an assumption.

Mario's testing is interesting. I've seen similar things but never done back to back tests. Injectors that atomise better have definite advantages for idle/low load/fuel economy. I've even seen a car that produced large amounts of smoke at the tailpipe at full power - even though the AFR's read correctly. It came down to the injectors.

Pulled the injectors out of my brother motorbike awhile back - 12 holes!!!

PL
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Well I have to do that testing as I'm already tired to hear from some "customers" why they should buy so "expensive" injectors :)

On EFI University forum I even read topic that ID 2000 is working much better then ID 1000 and many of them are using ID 2000 for all purposes even on "small" setups , I didn't have chance to verify this but it is worth of investigation. It will be nice to hear first hand experience on JECS ECU from someone here.
PL

Post by PL »

I had a quick play with some ID2000's on an RB25 recently. Unfortunately the customer had already fitted the AFM (800hp HPX) in totally the wrong place and the workshop spent a lot of time trying to make that work. It was never gonna happen and in the end they gave up and fitted a Haltech. The AFM was fitted in a 2.25" pipe between the turbo and intercooler!!! If it was in a 3" pipe between intercooler and throttle or in the 4" pipe going into turbo from air cleaner it probably would have tuned up just fine. It's a real pity - I'll never know. It made 420rwkw (700hp at crank by my reckoning) running a GT3576.

The big problem you'll get with 2000cc injectors will be that it makes the K constant very small. Which throws everything else out. If anyone runs injectors this big then make sure you run a "big" AFM as well. This will then compensate - and your K constant will finish up closer to standard.

One of the problems running the 800hp HPX AFM is turning out to be that K constant needs to be very high - once again causing problems. So it would appear that 2000cc injectors + 800hp HPX AFM could well be a match made in heaven because they will offset each other and get K constant back closer to standard. Happy days!

PL
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

a friend of mine is using 8x id2200's in a Honda 1.8L B-series.
idles fine.

personal experience, Bosch are worth the extra coin.
Zenki

Post by Zenki »

So where is maximum for 740cc to be save with Duty Cycle 400 or 450HP or 500HP?
PL

Post by PL »

I've done 275rwkw (Dyno Dynamics) (around 460hp at crank) with 740's on an E85 powered S13 SR. So you could add about 20% to that for a non-ethanol fueled engine.

PL
Zenki

Post by Zenki »

PL wrote:I've done 275rwkw (Dyno Dynamics) (around 460hp at crank) with 740's on an E85 powered S13 SR. So you could add about 20% to that for a non-ethanol fueled engine.

PL
so 552HP.....i think this would be more than enough for a uncovered SR :)

thanks!