Boost control on s14 SR20DET

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Boost control on s14 SR20DET

Post by Matt »

Okay there will be another test build probably tomorrow with the correct highlighting added among other software updates
Munkul333

Post by Munkul333 »

nice :)

dunno how useful it will be to me with the issues I have with my hardware/base image, but will definitely make it easier for others.

Regarding the main/knock tables, I wasnt aware of this either because I simply used knock copy on the main table each time i changed anything.

Sorting the highlighting will help a lot, though.

I will trial the boost control again in the next couple of weeks hopefully, and use the RAM tracer to see which tables are being accessed... although, I have already know beyond a doubt that my ECU DOES use the speed2 table in 4th/5th gears. Don't know how or why, just that it does. There has to be a comparator somewhere that looks at road speed against engine speed, and flags to use that table. Not that it really matters to me, unless we can adjust the parameter of the comaparator. I'll use the RAM trace... is there a copy function for that or is it just a screenshot?
Cheers
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Dont bother with RAM tracing. Use the 0.12.11 version on the site, it highlights the correct boost tables!!

If it does use those tables, Nistune will highlight them when they are used. We monitor the parameters from the ECU and use this information to display the table
ricardomendes

Post by ricardomendes »

anyone tried to use a MAC solenoid and adjust the maps of duty to try to work like Gizzmo and other EBC?

the nistune highlight the boost duty map 2 for high gears and high boost duty on low gears.
MomentFD

Post by MomentFD »

Hey Munkul, are you on stock injectors? Also, what's your k constant?

I'm on a very similar setup, S14A SR w/ stock injectors/maf/turbo. My TP is around yours on a similar log run but my duty cycle is through the roof, 120%+. Really wondering where my difference is.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've just had fitted to my S14 the stock boost solenoid and hoses with restrictors last week so hoping over the next few weeks to play around with tuning the thing
ricardomendes

Post by ricardomendes »

any news on this?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

We had a shot at it in my car using standard restrictor sizing. Found the maps affected boost as they were increased.

We need to increase restrictors next or trying another type of solenoid. We stuck with the T piece since it held 16psi nicely. The standard solenoid/restrictor setup got us about 14-15psi and it decayed during the run
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »