high load high rpm WOT too rich

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

lynchfourtwenty

high load high rpm WOT too rich

Post by lynchfourtwenty »

i've tried leaning the cells out in the fuel map, as well as decreasing the value of the last cell in the ttpmax but nothing.. from about 4400-redline my afr's are 10-10.5 and wont go any leaner, now i can get it to by adjusting the kvalue but i'd have to adjust it so much that my idle an cruise would be far to lean.

im getting really frustrated at this program and im considering going a different route if i cant get this dialed in the way it should be.
Last edited by lynchfourtwenty on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bachig24u

Re: high load high rpm WOT too rich

Post by bachig24u »

upload the following;

1. binary file
2. address file
3. log file
and post the ecu model, nistune software version.

There is no logic in what you previously stated, adjusting 'k' to lessen high load enrichment but then get rich idle/cruise conditions.
Last edited by bachig24u on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lynchfourtwenty

Sorry i was getting really frustrated, i've never had so many issues getting a car dialed in :(

what i meant to say is Lean, i edited the post so theres no further confusion.

i'd upload my bin, but it was givin to me an i receive help time to time aswell but i've been asked not to share it. so that makes the log sorta useless.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

email it to me then if thats okay and I can go through it

What vehicle? ECU part# AFM and size injectors are you using?
lynchfourtwenty

matt@nistune.com right?

Vehicle: 1991 nissan sentra se-r aka b13
AFM: z32 n62
Injectors: Factory USDM 520cc subaru sti injectors

I would have to take the ecu out an look at it to get the part #, but its a factory 91 ecu

snuck my phone under an took a pic, maybe it'll help

lynchfourtwenty

i sent the email to enquiries@nistune.com it was all i could find.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

thats the one thanks. I'll run it up on the bench Monday morning
lynchfourtwenty

Cool, thanks again.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay I'm having a look at the tune here. Are you using a rising rate fuel reg at all?
- I'm seeing the AFRs jump from 14 in the middle of the map to 10 towards the top
- Injection latency seems to be fine
- Injection mutliplier from autocalc 31K has been made richer 35K which seems to explain why its over fueling
(Z32MAF and 259>520CC injector resize)
- TTP min table too high (but this it bandaid the idle AFRs)
- Dont pull back TTPmax to try and lean out top end either
- TP tables are not smooth. You have two points both at TPidx = 53 which means it will jump over column 11 during the reading of the map (so from column 10 to 12 I can see it jump from the log). also the top TP load value of 161 means that it will never read the last column of the fuel map. During the run on the log I see TPidx max out at 92. Suggest smoothing that scale between 10 - 100

Would suggest the following:
- Load a S13 SR20DET map as comparison image and use copy button to copy the main/knock fuel maps over into your image to start off
- Pull back your TTPmin table to remove the artificial increase in injection at idle
- Rescale your TP fuel and load scales between 10 and 100 on a nice smooth line as per our tuning guide
- Adjust K constant off boost to try and get your 14.7:1 around idle and rev upto about 3000rpm and see if your AFRs start heading nicely towards the 12s-13s area
- Let me know after doing this once you break through 3000s area and go on boost how does it start going then?
lynchfourtwenty

gotcha, will give it a shot, thanks again!
lynchfourtwenty

Ok so I just loaded a stock de bin an changed it to 520 injectors and z32 maf, then copyed the s13 fuel maps and load scales and my timing map from the last bin, fired her up an she was mega lean, adjusted the injector latency from 600 to 820 was still stupid lean, then adjusted it to 900 an the afrs were in the 17's, so bumped the ttpmin an they went to the 16's, then I adjusted the bottom left 4 cells to richen it up (target afr from 14.xx to like 12.xx) now it idles at 14.7.

Since its almost 11pm I didn't feel like pissing the neighbores off so I didn't rev it, and I would have went for a drive but I've got my daughters an mommys not back from my grandmas doin laundry. So tomorrow I'll take it for a drive to check the cruise afrs and if they're ok I'll slowly work up the throttle/boost an report back.

I've been also thinking maybe I shold rewire/reground my maf.. I didn't have any of these issues when I was draw through tho and I tried a N60 maf and a n62 but both have the super lean idle problem :( think its worth a shot?

Oh and I'm using the factory sr20ve fpr, but I've got a supra twin turbo denso fuel pump, no pressure gauge so I have no idea how much psi I'm running, I figured close to stock.
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

lynchfourtwenty wrote:Sorry i was getting really frustrated, i've never had so many issues getting a car dialed in :(

what i meant to say is Lean, i edited the post so theres no further confusion.

i'd upload my bin, but it was givin to me an i receive help time to time aswell but i've been asked not to share it. so that makes the log sorta useless.
fair enough, good luck.
lynchfourtwenty

thank you sir.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Just hope you're not trying to tune around a electrical problem. That can be the worst thing to try and sort out because it never runs right

MAF positioning can be important. If you had a previous tune and setup which was working fine then relocating the MAF should make no difference apart from perhaps tweaking K a bit. If you have to do more than that then something else has gone wrong

MAF wiring is important. It must be shielded signal all the way otherwise any interference affects your signal and car runs crap subsequently
lynchfourtwenty

Here's a little background on what I've done.

When I switched from the stock maf to the n60 I just put the wires from the n60 pigtail into the stock plug then taped it up with electrical tape, this was meant to be temporary but its worked without any noticeable problems, until now possibly.

I've never had issues getting my car dailed in until I went blow through :(

I can get it all soldered correctly, what would you suggest to use as sheilding? I'm not a big wiring guy (obviously) lol.