Went blow through now idles lean

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

lynchfourtwenty

Went blow through now idles lean

Post by lynchfourtwenty »

I dont really have any issues tuning the cruise or wot areas, but my idle is really lean.. at first i was draw through with no issues using a n60 maf, then i swapped over to blow through to make the engine bay less cluttered and to get the air filter into some cooler air.

i've messed with the ttp min, injector multiplier and injector latency, which have all helped a little, i've got it now so that it will idle around 14.7-15.0 but it takes a second to get there from 21 afr, for example say i push the clutch in to coast to a stop engine goes to idle rpm's but the wideband still reads 21 and the engine stutters a bit but after 10-20 seconds it'll slowly climb down to 14.7-15.0 afr

also i've noticed when i go to get back on the throttle while its still at 21 afr and hasn't had a chance to richen up it has sloppy response but once i get moving again my cruise afr's are where i want them, i haven't gotten to work my wot afr's out again since i'm tryin to do the idle an cruise first so they're in the upper 10's.

here's a pic of the setup:

i should note that since those pics i have swapped to a z32 maf thats been modded to not need a maf adapter and i'm still having the same issue, i dont have a leak tester yet or an air compressor but i'm going to get one an use my friends, but for now i figured i'd try some starting fluid an have someone watch the wideband to see if it changes, it would have to be a post maf leak i would assume if that was the case but im using the same piece of pipe as i was for draw through but i trimmed it a bit.

but any ideas or suggestions is appriciated.
lynchfourtwenty

Re: Went blow through now idles lean

resealed the maf and Most of the idle issues went away.
lynchfourtwenty

Re: Went blow through now idles lean

i changed back to draw through and the cars back to normal, blow through for the lose!