First time tuner troubles - running very rich

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

GrImMy

First time tuner troubles - running very rich

Post by GrImMy »

Good morning everyone.

I drive a B13 with a SR20DET motor, stock injectors 370cc, FMIC and the stock intake pipe with the B13 (SR20DE) AFM.

I have recently started tuning my car myself, after a friend did the first tune for me to get it running. At that point we had no AFR's to reference so he just tuned it to ear. Since that I have installed my AFR sensor and saw that the car was running VERY rich in boost (10.5 is the lowest number I've seen). I went ahead and leaned out my fuel map to the target A/F ratios I want, highest being 12.3.

I have not touched the ignition timing just yet because I want to get my AFR's where I want them first. So after leaning out the map, I take it for a spin but my AFR's are still going way too rich - lowest number I saw was 10.9. Then yesterday while going slightly uphill in boost on the highway it got to 10.5 again. light driving up to 3000RPM puts me in the area of 13.1...

I just read up on the tuning guide a bit with regards to the injector latency, is this where I must play around now? I just need someone to point me in the right direction please. The KCONST is at 22800 which I put there to get the car to idle at ~14.7. I read on the tuning guide it says there is a "Webber's injection guide" on the Nistune forum but I can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated! I can post up my BIN and a log maybe but no AFR's as it isn't connected to the laptop yet.

Thanks!
Ashley

Re: First time tuner troubles - running very rich

Post by Ashley »

I need to stop by and help you out with the mapping again. :)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

If your AFRs overall are too rich/lean then use 'Injection mulitplier' firstly to get them what you want at the wideband (use the wideband AFR tracer to see these)

Dont rely on the target AFR table inside the fuel map (I'm just about ready to remove that display because everyone thinks that is what they should see...)

Just adjust the fuel map and watch the tracer to see you are getting the desired AFRs at the wideband side of things
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

Matt wrote: Dont rely on the target AFR table inside the fuel map (I'm just about ready to remove that display because everyone thinks that is what they should see...)
Don't remove that display please.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I wont remove it completely, but hide it so only enabled under an 'advanced items' tickbox so newbies dont think that when these cells are set that is the AFRs they are going to achieve