Anyone ever try this style maf?

Results of any interesting tests done with or related to Nistune.

Moderator: Matt

Tengis

Anyone ever try this style maf?

Post by Tengis »

See the maf here:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/171349261780?nav=SEARCH

Maybe not that one exactly but any that look like that. On other platforms I have modified those sensors in such a way that when you max out its range you can easily take it out, make an adjustment and then retune your maf tables accordingly. It basically has the same effect as putting the sensor into a larger pipe without actually changing out anything.

I'm all about bang for your bucks and getting used sensors cheap ($30-40) that are good for 800+ HP when modified is where its at. I had one of them on another platform in a 2.8" (72mm) throttle body making 500whp with room to spare. It was the stock maf sensor that typically will max around 280whp in the same throttle body.

As soon as I get my intercooler piping built/installed I'm going to make a flange and order one of those types of sensors.

-Zack
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Anyone ever try this style maf?

Post by Matt »

See how you go. You need the calibration curve for it sorted however (VQ map)
Tengis

Post by Tengis »

See how you go?

I always made my own calibration with domestic ECUs. I would normally start with the stock table and tweak it until its rough then get everything kosher with a wideband. I have done a handful of tuning with Nistune but is there something different regarding that process?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

It is a new MAF so you need to make sure it is 0 - 5 volt analog curve. You need to try and find the existing curve from the vehicle it suited or make a new one from scratch. Making ones from scratch take a lot of time and are not easy (from what I have found)