L28et bin

Results of any interesting tests done with or related to Nistune.

Moderator: Matt

jyz77

L28et bin

Post by jyz77 »

i need some pointers from the l28 guys out there.. this is my first bin that runs my l28et GOOD. (440 cc injectors and ford cobra maf)
the engine/ hardware setup is mocked off of my previous JWT setup that OMITS the tps and knock sensor.
with this tune and a stock tubo I was able to put down 210 hp and torque feels nice, but I am quite sure that there is better #'s to be had with this setup. please advise .

thanks in advance!

frank
Attachments
test_06.bin
(16 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
jyz77

Re: L28et bin

Post by jyz77 »

here is the original tune that was a mock of the jwt with 440cc injectors with a ford cobra maf
Attachments
JWT_VG30ET_MAN_FED_Cobra_MAF_420CC.BIN
(16 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

Why the strange hump in your maf table? you have smaller injectors but lowered the tp scales? the jwt binfiles use the last two columns for boost timing (usually), i'm guessing you hit the end of the maps pretty early. do you have a datalog? how much boost?
jyz77

Post by jyz77 »

Bernardd thanks for the reply.. ! i am actually using the 440cc injectors and i think the for cobra maf is acting a little wierd maybe on the fritz. ?

boost is set @ 18.5

let me know what you think.
Attachments
NIStune_2.csv
(25.45 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

You might want to expand the scales by the same amount you raised the k value to keep the tune inline with the jwt binfile. It looks like you're hitting the end of the maps by 3200rpm. Do you have a wideband? Can include afr's into a log?
jyz77

Post by jyz77 »

i do have a wideband , its a zeitronix zt2. if i pull a data log from that unit will that work , or do i have to run the nistune data log ?
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

For some reason my nitune version isn't allowing me to view the config panels so I can't tell if that wideband is available in nistune, but yes log the afr's in nistune if possible.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

check if its in the windows list. may need to cascade them if hidden
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

Thanks Matt, it's working now.
jyz77

Post by jyz77 »

bernardd ,, sorry for taking so long to post the logs.. it took me a while to get the wideband to shake with the nistune.

here goes. first one is when i got it to shake and just at idle.

2nd is drive time
Attachments
NIStune_2011-03-18_2008_11.csv
(190.64 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
NIStune_2011-03-18_2003_08.csv
(87.5 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

Can you explain why the maf table change? What drove you to make those changes? Does jwt delete the tps? It looks like you might want to restart with the jwt binfile and rescale for your new injectors. You raised your k value but lowered your scales, this is the reverse of what you should do. The max load scale is reached by 3000 because of this . Another issue the 45 deg's timing at idle with the car warmed up. That should be corrected with the k value rescale or installing the tps.
jyz77

Post by jyz77 »

Thanks for the input, however I think I should try to learn this software myself instead of taking it to the same tuner that is just experimenting on my $$. The jwt requires that the tps be omitted from the system. The first bin file of the post should have the tune for the 440 cc injectors.

At this point is there any way you can help me create a bin based with the info i have provided that I may be able to correct the current issues and just have to fine tune ?

I will be more than happy to compensate for your time and such.

thanks .
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

jyz77 wrote:At this point is there any way you can help me create a bin based with the info i have provided that I may be able to correct the current issues and just have to fine tune ?

I will be more than happy to compensate for your time and such.

thanks .
Start with the jwt binfile, go to the operations dropdown, start the car adjust the k value until the afr's match the fuel map commanded afr's. Make sure all the auto functions in the injector resize window are selected. The car should run fairly well with no changes to the chip. Read the tuning doc's as well.