1989 R32 GTS-T with tomei 2.2L and HKS gt2535

Results of any interesting tests done with or related to Nistune.

Moderator: Matt

klys

1989 R32 GTS-T with tomei 2.2L and HKS gt2535

Post by klys »

Well I forgot to post result - they were tuned on a Dynopack dyno.

these are the final results after 5-6 hours, I had lots of problem first cause the ECU pulled back on timing around 4k. I remove the check mark "filtered" and finally saw that in the right most section timing was in the hundreds instead of in the twenties.

tomei built RB20DET with 2.2L.
ORC709 twin plate clutch
Z32MAF
440cc inj.
HKS GT2535 turbo
GTR FMIC
3" RSR turbo back
~16lbs of boost on canadian 94 oct.(not sure what we run here RON or PON)
Apexi AVC-R EBC

as you can see the slight over boost seems to be good, and the little dip at 4500 could give a few more HPs

also AFRs at 3000 ned to be a bit more rich to help spool things up I think.

it was fun, but expensive because we spent so much time trying to find out with timing was pulled from 20 to 7deg advance when full boost was attainned.

torque when it happened torque reccessed instead of climbing from 3500-5000

I guess the knock sensor was hearing noise(maybe cause of the stroker kit?)

comming hopefully next year:
-scramble boost tunning
-higher boost tunning

what do you guys think about running higher boost on HKS turbos?

the GT2535 is supposed to be rated at 350ps.

I now have 355RWHP, will it just fall out of it's efficiency range? I don't have acces to the compressor map :(
Matt
Site Admin

Re: 1989 R32 GTS-T with tomei 2.2L and HKS gt2535

Post by Matt »

Those filtered flags are covered in the software manual. I probably need to update this to cover the operation better since we describe it on the forums
Nissan ECUs use knock sensor and O2 flags in the data to indicate where the sensors should be utilised. These can be highlighted by clicking ‘Flags’ from the tick box in the view.
I've modified the code I'm working on to highlight these by default for next release

Was it pulling timing out even having the high/knock timing maps the same? If so then it was definitely getting a lot of detections from the knock sensor.
klys

Post by klys »

yes it was, we used the copy fuel map option, if I remember correctly...(the filtered values)

when i un checked the use filtered values, the right most high oct. timing values were not in the 20's but it the 100's.

so the pull we did right after putting the official 20's deg timing was simply amazing.

torque values climbed like crazy

Matt if you have skype let me know if you wanna talk about this issue!

we just didn't get were that 7deg advance was coming from until we found it was the filtered values... is there a table in the ECU were the, in this case, -13 deg is found? because we wanted 20 and the ecu returned 7 when knock was detected.

BTW, in your experience, do you beleive actual knock occured?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Knock detection will in some cases falsely report knock due to engine noise etc. Worse on some vehicles than others

Knock will keep pulling timing back until the count stops. There is no specific table with the timing. On HCR32 you can open up the 'knock warning panel' inside Nistune and it will flash what the ECU thinks is knock as its detected

Knock cells in that map have 128 more than the actual timing value. Its a 'flag' which can be turned on/off with the 'k' key