R33 with flat spot after Nistuned

Results of any interesting tests done with or related to Nistune.

Moderator: Matt

djstatic

R33 with flat spot after Nistuned

Post by djstatic »

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping that someone can help me with a flat spot that occurs whilst my car is cold (It's also a little harder to start in the mornings).

The Car:
R33 GTS-T, T04 turbo, Z32 MAF, Bosch Fuel pump, manual boost controller (bleeder), Splitfires, Nistune on a R32 ECU (s/w emulated idle switch for TPS)

In order to save some money I basically installed the ECU and MAF myself tweaked the K constant and drove to Turbo Tune (Melrose Park, South Australia)

The result:

Now I don't really have a clue when it comes to "tuning" cars, but from what I can tell the timing isn't advancing on low revs/temp.
Log file: Cold run CSV
ECU settings: BIN

I've basically put up with it since April, so if anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: R33 with flat spot after Nistuned

Post by Matt »

What injectors are you running?
djstatic

Post by djstatic »

Matt wrote:What injectors are you running?
Stock. My car is a s1.5 with s2 type coils, so my guess is what ever a s2 came out with.

I sent you a PM on the S:AU forums to look at the thread over there if you have the time?

People are saying I have extra timing maps or I could have an Auto ECU???

I'd appreciate your opinion if you have the time to take a look.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums ... 42613.html
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Inside Nistune, on the consult display window does the TPS idle light disappear when you put your foot on the throttle?

Just want to make sure its not using idle timing tables or anything like that. With R32 ECU there are two timing tables when TPS=off (Main timing, knock timing)

When TPS=on then it uses the idle/decel timing table

What you need to check is your reported consult timing value matches one of these tables given the TPS idle switch reading
djstatic

Post by djstatic »

Matt wrote:Inside Nistune, on the consult display window does the TPS idle light disappear when you put your foot on the throttle?
Yes. Mine is set to 320
Matt wrote:Just want to make sure its not using idle timing tables or anything like that. With R32 ECU there are two timing tables when TPS=off (Main timing, knock timing)

When TPS=on then it uses the idle/decel timing table

What you need to check is your reported consult timing value matches one of these tables given the TPS idle switch reading
I see your point. Is it possible that somehow this jumps maps without the TPS setting being triggered?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

not sure. i cant see enough information from those logs

When you log in stream mode make sure you enable 'digital control reg1' to see the switches

Also let us know at what times in the log file you are having issues. pressing space whilst driving will put a marker in the log file for us to see on playback

I suspect it could be using the 'warmup timing' table which was a reduced amount of degrees. you can check this by adjusting the warmup timing TP/RPM max or pulling temp max/min to 0 to remove it
djstatic

Post by djstatic »

I think you may be on to something in regards to the TPS switch. I've dropped the value to 300 an I'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the additional information I'll investigate that also.
crans

Post by crans »

If this is happening only during warm up check out the warm up timing table, My self and a few others are having problems with warm up timing i am seeing only 7deg's of timing unless i get a bit heavy with my right foot.

You will see its set to 7deg between 1200rpm and 2400rpm hits 8deg at 2600 12deg at 2800 and then 20 at 3000.

I'm thinking of modifying this table to sort out my problem and get it more drivable.

As this is the stock setting on the rb20 it's funny how i never had the sluggish issue on my old rb20, doesn't make sense to me.