s14a sr20det results

Results of any interesting tests done with or related to Nistune.

Moderator: Matt

Fordy

s14a sr20det results

Post by Fordy »

ok not very good results at all,

the car was run in 5th gear. fueling i know has a lean spot which currently havent been able to 100% cure and the mapping is stronger than the equivalent stage 2a mapping

no boost leaks ( tested up to 3bar fine)
re aligned turbo actuator bracket as it was off miles
replumbed my boost controller

have got another maf sensor coming so i can try other than that i dont know why its not doing 290+bhp :cry:
Last edited by Fordy on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
TM_S13

Re: s14a sr20det results

Post by TM_S13 »

hey, you need to resize the image... it's big lol (just messin' with you )

just took a look at it...
what boost are you running ? seems like it was only 12 psi... what turbo is it ?
a stage2a map requires more boost than that... so with that extra boost you'll get the power you're looking for, I guess...

anyway, the AFR's look a bit lean... and that lean spot looks like it gives you a bad boost build up in that area. what boost controller do you have ? they do seem pretty linear wich I believe is very good since they don't fluctuate.

but I'll leave the technicalitys for the more experienced guys lol
though a bit low, the results seem linear and nice.
PL

Post by PL »

Yes, looks a bit lean. And boost is only 12psi.

That's 200rwkw by my standards though. Which is actually awesome on 12psi. But it's obviously a dyno that I'm not familiar with going by the graphs. So all bets are off.

What turbo?

PL
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

its a hybrid t28 turbo

on the road im hitting 18psi at 3500-4000rpm, afr's on the road are 12-12.2 max apartfrom from lean spot which mapping seems to be covering up not fixing it and 12 degs of timing on boost through peak which is 2-3 deg's more than stage2 mapping

and it was run in 5th gear im going back to basics on the mapping and starting again from ground up as something isnt working :roll:
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

why was it run on 5th gear ?

have you done a log with AFR input so you can do an AFR vs RPM graph ? work the fuelling a bit more... 12's do seem a bit lean...
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

dont know why it was run in 5th or 4th but i recon they didnt have the boost pressure take off right or something

i've got another map suited to my mods im going to use it as a base map, due to the fact i've got fueling issues which others havent got when running the same setup so i suspect something is broken or breaking down eletrically or mechanically causing a issue that is snowballing into a big lack of power :(
PL

Post by PL »

It actually looks like the boost that was being measured on the dyno was the same as the engine was seeing (leak in boost control line???). Usually SR's have a distinct hump shaped power curve because they tend to deliver well in the midrange and run out of puff up top. Yours doesn't have this - I suspect due to the way it only gets full boost at high RPM.

PL
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

there was no leaks on any boost related pipe,

i've changed all my fpr + boost controller pipework with new just incase.
also repositioned the turbo actuator as it was off to the side due the custom bracket and too tight on the adjustment, readjusted the actuator bracket so it pionts the rod prefectly and adjusted it to 3mm preload, which seems to have made a big difference in how the car drives

i've got a idea that the vct sprocket isnt working as i know this is rattly and if i active test the soleniod with obd scantech to make the soleniod permantly on the idle goes really rough and the sprocket is makes funny noises :( which would explain why the boost goes up and power goes up after 5500rpm on the rr print out
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Fordy wrote: ... if i active test the soleniod with obd scantech to make the soleniod permantly on the idle goes really rough and the sprocket is makes funny noises ...

Oh, this is no good sign. :(
I made the experience that if the mechanism is only rattling rather than switch from off to on (or back) the complete mechanism will not work properly as expected. This will result in a loss of torque in the middle rpm-area due to different overlap of the inlet and outlet valves.
If it was the vtc valve itself there is an upgraded vtc valve available from nissan.
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

had a quick power run hour session on the dyno today and good results so far with a new map i've made :mrgreen:

20psi peak into 18psi then 17psi close to redline

First run wasn't too bad, as it was being run in 4th i could see the manifold, turbo, elbow and downpipe all glowing where the timing was made safe around 4k till redline

Second run was aborted due to slight det around 4400rpm so took some timing out there

Third run was much better tho added more fuel on boost (11.5-7 now) and added tweaked timing a little, no det and only the manifold only glowed a little bit much better result

stopped there as it was only a quick session to check everything is ok and it is so much better than my last result i'm well chuffed :mrgreen:
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Nice result!
Do you use the original S14 MAF or another one like the Z32 MAF?
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

stock s14 maf atm its right on the limit tho so upgrade time soon :mrgreen:
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Fordy wrote:stock s14 maf atm its right on the limit...
Hehe, thats what I am thinking of. :wink: :mrgreen:
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

hehehe
nice...

with that power the stock maf must be really at it's max...
oh well ... now you have to fit a z32 one ... such a thing you don't want (being ironic if you haven't noticed yet) lololololol

seems pretty good :wink: