SR20DET in S13.

Results of any interesting tests done with or related to Nistune.

Moderator: Matt

gunni

SR20DET in S13.

Post by gunni »

So this is the first time I tune using the Nistune software and my 4th Nissan ever. This was literally dead easy,

Owner swapped to bigger injectors and larger MAF. After using the software to compensate for that I tweaked the K constant and latency until I was getting steady 14.7:1 AFR when the map says 14.7:1.
The scalar is off a bit at at higher load the mixture in the table was not coming out right but I didn´t want to bother with fixing the scalar so I just tuned to the afr´s I wanted and disregarded what was in the fuel tables.

Sorted mixture around 0kpa and in transition although admittadly I could have taken more out of the accelaration enrichment then I did.
Didn´t do dyno this time as we where just doing a shakedown of the engine swap and things.

Will post up a dyno graph when it´s all dyno tuned.

I can´t for the life of me find a picture of the owners car. But it´s very well specced drift car.

I think I´ll be installing and tuning quite a few of these nistune boards in the future :lol:
gunni

Post by gunni »

I´ll have to get a graph of the results but at about 15psi it made 320fwhp and 300lbs torque on a Dyno Dynamics machine.

Car´s overall behaviour is great and not one hint of a tuning solution in the original ecu.

I ran steady 12:1 AFR at full boost , 13:1 in the transition to boost and 15:1 during cruise.
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Hi gunni, can You please put car spec on forum (turbo, OEM SR or something else etc.) .
gunni

Post by gunni »

Standard T28R from a S15
raddy

Post by raddy »

320hp at wheels look very optimistic for sr20det with T28R at 15psi...wasnt it calculated at the flywheel?
gunni

Post by gunni »

Yea, that´s why I wrote 320fwhp - flywheel HP.
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

ahh... ok...
what got me wondering was the fwhp, that I thought was Front Wheel Horsepower... hehehe but now I understand you're talking about flywheel.
it seems like a pretty good result you got there
steve_s13

Post by steve_s13 »

seems you had a nice strong actuator on there

would be great to see the Dyno Dynamics graphs when you can upload them

well done, nice results dyno tuning :)