Read this.

Announcements related to the Nistune forum.

Moderator: Matt

Stinky
Site Admin

Read this.

Post by Stinky »

Hi guys. Sorry for killing the board but I was trying to make it run faster. It looks like we're stuck going slow for now.

Anyway, the board is back up and I need to get you guys registered again. Please click the Register link at the top of the page and go through the registration process. I'll activate your accounts as soon as I get the admin email saying you signed up.

If you have any suggestions about what categories and forums to create please post them. I cant remember how I had it organized before the "crash".

Matt, if you have anyone else that you want to give access to have them Register and then you can send me a message telling me they are allowed on.

I think thats it for now.

Post by Guest »

I'd love to have some assistance as I am experiencing diffulties with connecting to the Ecu with Software. I went through all the common steps of getting the USB drivers installed and am able to get that portion to work, but now when I click consult, I get an error messagte stating to check connections(like there is a cable unplugged or something, but there isn't)
I am using a standard USB cable and have followed the advice to add a ground from the laptop case to the ecu/chassis ground of the car.
*Can anyone respond?

Post by Guest »

BTW...this is DAN-TSS...I thought I'd add that due to seeing that the name is labelled as "guest".

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:BTW...this is DAN-TSS...I thought I'd add that due to seeing that the name is labelled as "guest".
thespecialtyshop@adelphia.net

Yes, the lights on the ecu are flashing.
No, there is no adapters inline with the USB cord.
I am not at the point of being able to start the car at this moment, I was just looking to have a neighbor assist with geting the laptop connected to the ecu before he leaves as he is alot more knowledgeable with computers than myself. The common problems with not having the drivers installed came up, it was easily remedied with refering the paperwork I printed of that matt has made avail.
When I click consult, the exact message that appears is "no data retrieved, check connections".
I am not sure which image file or address file to use, I assume because the ecu is an '88n/a federal, that this is the one to use. As for the image file, I tried several.
*Once I get more familiar with this, I'll probably look back at this and laugh to myself....there has to be something simple that I am missing!
MATT...where are you?..help?
DAN
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

i've added you to the forums

the error you are getting is becuase the ROM image isn't matching the board properly

try using the Z31_VG30_E_16K.adr file for address and use one of the supplied image files to upload to the romulator and then try again